looking for getrows() explanation
Author Message
 looking for getrows() explanation

this is almost a "trivia" question: does anyone know why the getrows()
method of a recordset is dimensioned as [columns][rows], where the
second dimension is the row?  this is intuitively backwards- you would
expect the first dimension to be the row and the second to be the
column.

it doesn't make any sense on the cartesian plane.  is it for performance
reasons, and if so, what are those reasons?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:27:18 GMT
 looking for getrows() explanation
Hmm, the way I remember it, in a 2-dimensional grid (Cartesian), where x is
the horizontal axis and y the vertical axis, you'd refer to a point as
(x,y), i.e. "in the door then up the stairs".  Thus, I find that
[columns][rows] makes perfectly good sense to me at least.

/OyvindSn

Quote:
> this is almost a "trivia" question: does anyone know why the getrows()
> method of a recordset is dimensioned as [columns][rows], where the
> second dimension is the row?  this is intuitively backwards- you would
> expect the first dimension to be the row and the second to be the
> column.

> it doesn't make any sense on the cartesian plane.  is it for performance
> reasons, and if so, what are those reasons?

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:28:29 GMT

1. One last explanation - apology to the group

2. explanation

3. Definition & Explanation of Reflection

4. code explanation

5. Instr Function Explanation Anyone ???

6. DAO Recordset explanation needed

7. VB5 & Informix (explanation)

8. Long Explanation, But A Basic VB6/Winsock/SMTP Question

9. Where do I find explanation about classes I can use from VB

10. text on a bitmap-clearer explanation

11. Setup.lst explanation

12. Help with overflow error 6 - any logical explanations ?