VBA & String Handling
Author Message
 VBA & String Handling

Hello, I need to create a function called CleanFamilyname(string) As String. This
should process a string and return it cleaned off excess spaces, with appropriate
capitalisation. Names should be proper cased, ie 'Range', not RANGE or range. The
function should be able to handle hyphenated names. The function should use a
table called tblNameHandles to check special cases, with such names as McNabb,
MacDonald, d'Arcy, O'Brien. These should appear in tblNameHandles in the form of
Mc, Mac, d', O', etc...so that the function can deal with names which start with
such strings.

It should be possible to add new values in tblNameHandles without having to
change the function-so that the system can 'learn' as it encounters new
names.Thanks I sure would appreciate the help

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:52:58 GMT

1. string handling & adding

2. DLL handle & DLL Function handle

3. How to convert extra long strings into their equivalent Hex Strings in VBA (Word 2K)

4. "&&" string curiosity

5. Handling apostrophes embedded in strings

6. Calculation and string handling

7. Internal Memory Handling of Strings

8. How handle quotes within a string?

9. handling UTF-8 encoded strings

10. Handling array of strings

11. relative string handling speed VB7, C#

12. how to handle NULL values from a FORM when using date string functions - help please