Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file
Author Message
 Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file

Hello everyone,

One of my client sent me email that when he tried to run
my VB application, he is getting following error message.
"Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file
C:/Program Files/Antex Quotes/Antex Quotes/axpeople.mdb.
It is already opened exclusively by another user or you
need permission to view it's data."

She has Windows ME but Office XP in her machine.  I did
check for the permission on database and make sure it has
full contro on everybody. Also she did not have any open
ldb for this database opened on her PC.

Here is is the connection string I used on my VB
application:
"strConPeople = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
           "Data Source=AXpeople.mdb;" & _
           "User Id=admin;" & _
           "Password=;"

Does anyone have idea????

Thanks

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:12:23 GMT
 Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file
Hello everyone,

One of my client sent me email that when he tried to run my VB
application, he is getting following error message.
"Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file C:/Program
Files/Antex Quotes/Antex Quotes/axpeople.mdb. It is already opened
exclusively by another user or you need permission to view it's data."

She has Windows ME but Office XP in her machine.  I did check for the
permission on database and make sure it has full contro on everybody.
Also she did not have any open ldb for this database opened on her PC.

Here is is the connection string I used on my VB application:
"strConPeople = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
           "Data Source=AXpeople.mdb;" & _
           "User Id=admin;" & _
           "Password=;"

Does anyone have idea????

Thanks

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:12:30 GMT
[...]

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:12:18 GMT
 Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file
I'd use this. You may be using too many parameters.

        If Len(PassWord) > 0 Then
            m_Data = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
                     "Data Source=" & DatabasePath & Database & ";" & _
                      "Jet OLEDB:Database Password=" & PassWord & ";" &
_
                      "admin"
        Else
            m_Data = "Provider = Microsoft.Jet.Oledb.4.0;Data Source = "
& _
                    DatabasePath & Database
        End If

Cheers
Dave

Quote:

> Hello everyone,

> One of my client sent me email that when he tried to run
> my VB application, he is getting following error message.
> "Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file
> C:/Program Files/Antex Quotes/Antex Quotes/axpeople.mdb.
> It is already opened exclusively by another user or you
> need permission to view it's data."

> She has Windows ME but Office XP in her machine.  I did
> check for the permission on database and make sure it has
> full contro on everybody. Also she did not have any open
> ldb for this database opened on her PC.

> Here is is the connection string I used on my VB
> application:
> "strConPeople = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
>            "Data Source=AXpeople.mdb;" & _
>            "User Id=admin;" & _
>            "Password=;"

> Does anyone have idea????

> Thanks

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:25:23 GMT
 Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file
This is usually indicative of a lack of appropriate security permissions to
the file; the Jet engine requires read/write permission to the folder
containing the Access database. This is required so that the Jet engine can
create and write to its locking file. Hence there was no LDB file; this
user probably had rights to read the database, but not create files in the
folder.

Hope this helps!

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:00:33 GMT
 Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot open the file
This is usually indicative of a lack of appropriate security permissions to
the file; the Jet engine requires read/write permission to the folder
containing the Access database. This is required so that the Jet engine can
create and write to its locking file. Hence there was no LDB file; this
user probably had rights to read the database, but not create files in the
folder.

Hope this helps!

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:01:06 GMT

1. Microsoft Jet Database Engine Cannot Open The File.......(access)mdb

2. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file

3. Microsoft Jet Database Engine Cannot Open The File.......(access)mdb

4. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file

5. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot......

6. The Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot find the input table or query

7. 3197 Microsoft Jet database engine

8. Microsoft Jet Database Engine

9. Microsoft's Jet Database Engine Book

10. Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005) error

11. Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09'

12. Error: 3197 Description: The Microsoft jet database engine ...