making a duplicate of an ado recordset?
Author Message
 making a duplicate of an ado recordset?

Hi,

    I've created a recordset using ADO OleDB to an access table with
different types of where parameters to trim down the results.  Now i want to
take the results from this recordset and trim it down again depending on
certain criteria entered by user, and save the results to a new recordset.
I've used the Clone method but there have been some problems when i do this.
Can anyone tell me how to query a recordset in memory already?

Thanks,

Scott

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:49:48 GMT
 making a duplicate of an ado recordset?
save your recordset to an ADODB.Stream object and then open a new recordset
from the Stream and you will have to identical, independent recordsets.

- Kelly

Quote:
> Hi,

>     I've created a recordset using ADO OleDB to an access table with
> different types of where parameters to trim down the results.  Now i want
> take the results from this recordset and trim it down again depending on
> certain criteria entered by user, and save the results to a new recordset.
> I've used the Clone method but there have been some problems when i do
this.
> Can anyone tell me how to query a recordset in memory already?

> Thanks,

> Scott

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:42:06 GMT

1. Finding Duplicates in ADO recordset

2. ADO SQL Recordsets Return Duplicate Names

3. Upgrading Access 97 to 2000 makes recordset unavailable to ADO

4. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

5. Making a duplicate table

6. Adding a full row to a duplicate recordset

7. recordset duplicate check

8. Problem with duplicates recordsets

9. Checking for duplicates before updating recordset

10. recordset duplicate check

11. Duplicate bookmarks in a recordset

12. Removing Duplicate Records in a Database.recordset