Opening an ADOX Catalog Whilst ADO Recordset is Open
Author Message
 Opening an ADOX Catalog Whilst ADO Recordset is Open

Hi,

I have been trying use ADOX to get information about my database at runtime.

But I can't seem to connect to the database because it says:

Runtime error '(-2147467259(80004005)':
Could not use 'X:\Databases\DevReport.mdb'; file already in use.

Access is not open on my machine and I am the only person connecting to it.

I can only guess that it is because there is already a  recordset open.

I have tried using different connection objects but it makes no difference.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Matt.

Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening an ADOX Catalog Whilst ADO Recordset is Open

Now I've done some experimaenting and found that it gives the same error if
the recordset is not open.
Even if the first thing to be opened is the catalog.

The connection object is an ADODB.Connection

The connection string is:

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source =X:\Databases\DevReport.mdb;"

do I need some extra parameters in here?

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have been trying use ADOX to get information about my database at
runtime.

> But I can't seem to connect to the database because it says:

> Runtime error '(-2147467259(80004005)':
> Could not use 'X:\Databases\DevReport.mdb'; file already in use.

> Access is not open on my machine and I am the only person connecting to
it.

> I can only guess that it is because there is already a  recordset open.

> I have tried using different connection objects but it makes no
difference.

> Any help will be most appreciated.

> Matt.

Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening an ADOX Catalog Whilst ADO Recordset is Open

I'm an idiot,
I was using catalog.create instead of catalog.activeconnection.

That solved it.

Cheers anyway.

Matt.

Quote:
> Now I've done some experimaenting and found that it gives the same error
if
> the recordset is not open.
> Even if the first thing to be opened is the catalog.

> The connection object is an ADODB.Connection

> The connection string is:

> "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
> "Data Source =X:\Databases\DevReport.mdb;"

> do I need some extra parameters in here?

> > Hi,

> > I have been trying use ADOX to get information about my database at
> runtime.

> > But I can't seem to connect to the database because it says:

> > Runtime error '(-2147467259(80004005)':
> > Could not use 'X:\Databases\DevReport.mdb'; file already in use.

> > Access is not open on my machine and I am the only person connecting to
> it.

> > I can only guess that it is because there is already a  recordset open.

> > I have tried using different connection objects but it makes no
> difference.

> > Any help will be most appreciated.

> > Matt.

Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

2. Opening recordsets(OpenRecordset vs. Recordset.Open)

3. ADO/ADOX dBASE III connection/catalog issue...

4. ADO fails to release Recordset cursor after opening disconnected Recordset

5. Passing a Parameter to a Form whilst Opening

6. database connection remain open if opened via recordset

7. Better to open recordsets and leave them open?

8. Opening an empty recordset even though the opened table has data

9. Connection.Execute vs. Recordset.Open or Command.Open

10. opening recordset : DAO vs. ADO

11. Ado, data environment and asynchronous open for recordset

12. Overflow Error Opening ADO Recordset