Simple GetChunk/AppendChunk Question
Author Message
 Simple GetChunk/AppendChunk Question

Hi,
 When I use getchunk/appendchunk in DAO, it have 64K "chunk" limit. Is there
the same limit or any limit of chunk size in ADO?
TIA
T.

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 01:58:42 GMT
 Simple GetChunk/AppendChunk Question

Hi,
 When I use getchunk/appendchunk in DAO, it have 64K "chunk" limit. Is there
the same limit or any limit of chunk size in ADO?
TIA
T.

Retrieving in smaller chunks is more efficient. Why do you need to retrieve 64k
at a time?

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 02:49:16 GMT
 Simple GetChunk/AppendChunk Question
Why do samller chunk give more efficient?  That is new to me.
TIA
Thit.

Quote:
> On Wed, 8 May 2002 00:58:42 +0700, "Thit Siriboon"

Quote:

> Hi,
>  When I use getchunk/appendchunk in DAO, it have 64K "chunk" limit. Is
there
> the same limit or any limit of chunk size in ADO?
> TIA
> T.
>

> Retrieving in smaller chunks is more efficient. Why do you need to
retrieve 64k
> at a time?

> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:22:52 GMT
 Simple GetChunk/AppendChunk Question

Why do samller chunk give more efficient?  That is new to me.
TIA
Thit.

It's more efficient to allocate smaller chunks of memory to hold the
information.

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:21:28 GMT
 Simple GetChunk/AppendChunk Question
Then, what is a good chunk size?
Thank you for you respond
TIA
Thit.

Quote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2002 23:22:52 +0700, "Thit Siriboon"

Quote:

> Why do samller chunk give more efficient?  That is new to me.
> TIA
> Thit.

> It's more efficient to allocate smaller chunks of memory to hold the
> information.

> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 02:33:23 GMT
 Simple GetChunk/AppendChunk Question

Then, what is a good chunk size?
Thank you for you respond
TIA
Thit.

I would use 16k:

Const BLOCK_SIZE = 16384

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 03:06:02 GMT

1. Weird problem with GetChunk/AppendChunk and BLOBs

2. DAO getchunk/appendchunk problems in Access 97 DB

3. DCOM AppendChunk getChunk

4. GetChunk and AppendChunk - works with ODBC/SQL Server?

5. Using GetChunk and AppendChunk methods.

6. ADO GetChunk / AppendChunk with Oracle 8

7. Problem reading strings from Access7 using getchunk/appendchunk/string datatype

8. VB4.0/SQL server - GetChunk/AppendChunk behave oddly

9. DAO getchunk/appendchunk problems in Access 97 DB

10. VB4.0/SQL server - GetChunk/AppendChunk behave oddly

11. AppendChunk and GetChunk

12. Getchunk / Appendchunk in images/pictures?