detect the number of concurrent user
Author Message
 detect the number of concurrent user

Hi, there,

Anyone knows how to detect the number of users currently connect to a
database in SQL Server 7.0?

In MS Access database, I can use open user information schema query as
follows to get concurent user number:

    Set rst = cnn.OpenSchema(Schema:=adSchemaProviderSpecific, _
        SchemaID:="{947bb102-5d43-11d1-bdbf-00c04fb92675}")

Above code only works for JET, not for SQL server.

Thanks.

Sean Parad

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:09:36 GMT
 detect the number of concurrent user

(look up sp_monitor in T/SQL Help)

HTH

DR

Quote:
> Hi, there,

> Anyone knows how to detect the number of users currently connect to a
> database in SQL Server 7.0?

> In MS Access database, I can use open user information schema query as
> follows to get concurent user number:

>     Set rst = cnn.OpenSchema(Schema:=adSchemaProviderSpecific, _
>         SchemaID:="{947bb102-5d43-11d1-bdbf-00c04fb92675}")

> Above code only works for JET, not for SQL server.

> Thanks.

> Sean Parad

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:33:38 GMT
 detect the number of concurrent user
Thanks, Dave.
However, this is not exactly waht I am looking for. I want to obtain how

only current connections but also all attempted connection since Microsoft?
SQL ServerT was last started.
I want to know, from SQL code, how many users currently use the database.
Any suggestions?

Sean Parad

Quote:

> (look up sp_monitor in T/SQL Help)

> HTH

> DR

> > Hi, there,

> > Anyone knows how to detect the number of users currently connect to a
> > database in SQL Server 7.0?

> > In MS Access database, I can use open user information schema query as
> > follows to get concurent user number:

> >     Set rst = cnn.OpenSchema(Schema:=adSchemaProviderSpecific, _
> >         SchemaID:="{947bb102-5d43-11d1-bdbf-00c04fb92675}")

> > Above code only works for JET, not for SQL server.

> > Thanks.

> > Sean Parad

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:56:01 GMT
 detect the number of concurrent user
Thanks, Dave.
However, this is not exactly waht I am looking for. I want to obtain how

only current connections but also all attempted connection since Microsoft?
SQL ServerT was last started.
I want to know, from SQL code, how many users currently use the database.
Any suggestions?

Sean Parad

Quote:

> (look up sp_monitor in T/SQL Help)

> HTH

> DR

> > Hi, there,

> > Anyone knows how to detect the number of users currently connect to a
> > database in SQL Server 7.0?

> > In MS Access database, I can use open user information schema query as
> > follows to get concurent user number:

> >     Set rst = cnn.OpenSchema(Schema:=adSchemaProviderSpecific, _
> >         SchemaID:="{947bb102-5d43-11d1-bdbf-00c04fb92675}")

> > Above code only works for JET, not for SQL server.

> > Thanks.

> > Sean Parad

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:59:34 GMT
 detect the number of concurrent user
Hi,

have a look at sp_who stored procedure, and the table sysprocesses and
sysdatabases in the
master database (try "select * from sysprocesses join sysdatabases on
sysdatabases.dbid=sysprocesses.dbid").

Joris

Quote:
> Hi, there,

> Anyone knows how to detect the number of users currently connect to a
> database in SQL Server 7.0?

> In MS Access database, I can use open user information schema query as
> follows to get concurent user number:

>     Set rst = cnn.OpenSchema(Schema:=adSchemaProviderSpecific, _
>         SchemaID:="{947bb102-5d43-11d1-bdbf-00c04fb92675}")

> Above code only works for JET, not for SQL server.

> Thanks.

> Sean Parad

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:32:48 GMT

1. detect the number of concurrent user

2. detect the number of concurrent user

3. Practical Limits to the Number of Concurrent Users.

4. Find out the number of concurrent user to the db

5. VB6, ADO Datacontrol, and multiple concurrent users: making a friendly user interface

6. Maging concurrent licenses number

7. Access Project - Concurrent Users

8. Many Concurrent Users

9. Concurrent users in Access

10. lock table for concurrent user-access with RDO and Access-Database

11. Access Database concurrent users in VB 4.0 application and Database Security

12. Access Concurrent Users