MDAC 2.7 silent install
Author Message
 MDAC 2.7 silent install

Hi.

Does anyone know the command line switches for MDAC_TYP.EXE version 2.7? I
need to run a silent installation during my setup. I've tried the /q as used
with version 2.1 but this doesn't seem to work, even though when I use
'MDAC_TYP.EXE /?', /q is listed as 'quiet modes for package'.

Thanks.
Nick

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:01:33 GMT
 MDAC 2.7 silent install
Hi,

I can't remember what each bit does now, but I spent ages working on this
set of arguments and it produces a wonderful silent MDAC installation:

/Q:A /C:"dasetup /Q:D /N"

--
Regards,

James Brown

Quote:
> Hi.

> Does anyone know the command line switches for MDAC_TYP.EXE version 2.7? I
> need to run a silent installation during my setup. I've tried the /q as
used
> with version 2.1 but this doesn't seem to work, even though when I use
> 'MDAC_TYP.EXE /?', /q is listed as 'quiet modes for package'.

> Thanks.
> Nick

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:47:20 GMT
 MDAC 2.7 silent install
Hiya

Works a treat!

Thanks for your help
Nick

Quote:
> Hi,

> I can't remember what each bit does now, but I spent ages working on this
> set of arguments and it produces a wonderful silent MDAC installation:

> /Q:A /C:"dasetup /Q:D /N"

> --
> Regards,

> James Brown

> > Hi.

> > Does anyone know the command line switches for MDAC_TYP.EXE version 2.7?
> > need to run a silent installation during my setup. I've tried the /q as
> used
> > with version 2.1 but this doesn't seem to work, even though when I use
> > 'MDAC_TYP.EXE /?', /q is listed as 'quiet modes for package'.

> > Thanks.
> > Nick

Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:53:33 GMT

1. Does MDAC 2.7 Support RDO ?

2. MDAC 2.7 THAI

3. WinXP, MDAC 2.7 and Oracle8i connection issue

4. WISE MDAC 2.7

5. Update all rows in a large database using Access 2002, MDAC 2.7, Jet 4.0

6. GUID problem in MDAC 2.7

7. MDAC 2.5 or 2.7

8. Upgrding to MDAC 2.7

9. MDAC 2.7