How Do I Print Data Reports in Landscape Mode from VB6 App
Author Message
 How Do I Print Data Reports in Landscape Mode from VB6 App

Anyone go the answer

Thanks Bruce

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How Do I Print Data Reports in Landscape Mode from VB6 App
Bruce,

You have to use CommonDialog1.ShowPrinter before you open the report
preview.  You can then select Landscape mode.  Landscape mode can be set as
the default by right clicking on the CommonDialog control and selecting
Properties.  This way, even if the user does nothing but click OK to the
printer dialog, the report will preview in landscape mode.

--
Eldon Ward

Quote:

>Anyone go the answer

>Thanks Bruce

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How Do I Print Data Reports in Landscape Mode from VB6 App
Thanks for the suggestion...I've been having this problem too.

Unfortunately, at least in my case, it doesn't seem to work even when
I pull up the printer dialog and set it to landscape.  It errors out,
saying that the report width is greater than the paper width.  It does
this anytime I exceed the printable "portrait" dimensions, regardless
of anything I set on the printer.

Any more ideas would be appreciated!

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:13:33 -0600, "Eldon Ward"

Quote:

>Bruce,

>You have to use CommonDialog1.ShowPrinter before you open the report
>preview.  You can then select Landscape mode.  Landscape mode can be set as
>the default by right clicking on the CommonDialog control and selecting
>Properties.  This way, even if the user does nothing but click OK to the
>printer dialog, the report will preview in landscape mode.

>--
>Eldon Ward

>>Anyone go the answer

>>Thanks Bruce

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How Do I Print Data Reports in Landscape Mode from VB6 App
Hi there,

Got a question. If I don't set the printerdefault to true, I get an
error that report width is wider than paper or something. But if I set
the printerdefault to true, it's sets my user's default orientation to
landscape. How do you get past this?

Also, I am not able to design my report in landscape (28cm) cos the
widest I can drag it is 21cm. Any idea why? Thanks a lot for your
time.

<< SiMoN >>

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:13:33 -0600, "Eldon Ward"

Quote:

>Bruce,

>You have to use CommonDialog1.ShowPrinter before you open the report
>preview.  You can then select Landscape mode.  Landscape mode can be set as
>the default by right clicking on the CommonDialog control and selecting
>Properties.  This way, even if the user does nothing but click OK to the
>printer dialog, the report will preview in landscape mode.

>--
>Eldon Ward

>>Anyone go the answer

>>Thanks Bruce

Visit my homepage - http://home.pacific.net.sg/~simonwoo

Sat, 26 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6.0 Report Designer: Print in Landscape Mode?

2. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

3. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

4. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

5. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

6. vb6 data reports - exporting a landscape report

7. printing landscape report with VB6 datareport?

8. VB6 data report-landscape

9. landscape in VB6 Data Report?

10. Printing a Data Report Landscape

11. Data Report Problem, can't print landscape

12. Using Data Report to Print Landscape...