access to oracle-blobs?
Author Message
 access to oracle-blobs?

hay user

what is the "magic"-way to access oracle-blobs?

after a select-statement a error occure : "Data-Type is not supported"

system : vb6/ORACLE 8/MDAC 2.5 (ADO2.5)

thanks

pi

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 access to oracle-blobs?
Wolf,

I do not think the MS ADO provider for Oracle supports BLOBs. Oracle have
their own provider which is still in beta. Perhaps (?) this provider may
help you:
   http://technet.oracle.com/software/tech/nt/ole_db/software_index.htm

Liam
http://www.vbexpress.com

Quote:
> hay user

> what is the "magic"-way to access oracle-blobs?

> after a select-statement a error occure : "Data-Type is not supported"

> system : vb6/ORACLE 8/MDAC 2.5 (ADO2.5)

> thanks

> pi

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 access to oracle-blobs?
hay liam,

Quote:
> I do not think the MS ADO provider for Oracle supports BLOBs. Oracle have
> their own provider which is still in beta. Perhaps (?) this provider may
> help you:
>    http://technet.oracle.com/software/tech/nt/ole_db/software_index.htm

i download the 39Mb and installed it. after this procedure my programm
didn't run anymore with the oracle- or the ms-provider. i think it's to
early for this beta!
but i'am waiting hungry....

pi

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. memo/blob fields from access and/or oracle, access in VBScript under ASP

2. Copy BLOB's out of Oracle into a file using VBA in Access 97

3. problem accessing BLOB fields in ORACLE

4. Visual Basic 4.0a error with ORACLE Data source accessing BLOB data

5. Use ADO to Access BLOB or CLOB fields in Oracle

6. Use ADO to Access BLOB or CLOB fields in Oracle

7. Retrieving BLOB types from Oracle using Visual Basic

8. Getting a blob into oracle from VB6 using OO4O

9. Oracle 8.0 BLOBs and Visual Basic 5.0

10. HELP: BLOBS in ORACLE using DAO & VB4

11. Showing Oracle BLOB field as Image in VB

12. Displaying Oracle BLOB Object in VB