Where is work done on client or server?
Author Message
 Where is work done on client or server?

Newby question.
VB 6 exe on client connected to an mdb on server through a mapped network
drive (but no copy of MS Access program either on client or server.

My question is in the above configuration, is all the
processing work and memory all done by the client computer with the vb6
program and the  Server doing no work.
Or is the burden of processing and other resources taken by the server too?

The relevance is whether I can have a relatively small amount of memory and
slow cpu on server but need relatively powerful clients or if I need a
powerful server too?

Thanks

Jonathan

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:07:47 GMT
 Where is work done on client or server?
No processing is done at server.

Quote:
> Newby question.
> VB 6 exe on client connected to an mdb on server through a mapped network
> drive (but no copy of MS Access program either on client or server.

> My question is in the above configuration, is all the
> processing work and memory all done by the client computer with the vb6
> program and the  Server doing no work.
> Or is the burden of processing and other resources taken by the server
too?

> The relevance is whether I can have a relatively small amount of memory
and
> slow cpu on server but need relatively powerful clients or if I need a
> powerful server too?

> Thanks

> Jonathan

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 03:38:02 GMT

1. What am I doing wrong?? (working with Inet)

2. Doing DCC (direct client to client) tranfers with a VB program

3. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

4. First VB server/client remote component not working

5. DLL/COM Work on my client and nowork in the Server

6. Client side and Server side script working together

7. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

8. First VB server/client remote component not working

9. VB server/client remote component not working - Please Help

10. First VB server/client remote component not working

11. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

12. What am I doing wrong??