FROM clause syntax error with sensible SQL query to Excel database
Author Message
 FROM clause syntax error with sensible SQL query to Excel database

When refreshing a data control after changing its RecordSource property
to a perfectly sensible SQL query, I get a message saying my FROM clause
syntax is wrong.  Here are the facts:

        * The data control is connected to an Excel 8.0 spreadsheet.
        * The query is
            SELECT * FROM Menus$ WHERE Title <> ''
        * The query is meant to fill a DBList with the value of every
          Menus$ record Title field that is not blank.

I suspect that I'm getting the error because the name of the table is
Menus$, with a dollar sign ($).  That, however, is the way Excel seems
to save its worksheets.  Not having Access or other databases, I can't
even convert the worksheet into another format.  VisData doesn't know
Excel 8.0 either.

If you can tell me why I'm getting this syntax error, please e-mail me

Adam

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 FROM clause syntax error with sensible SQL query to Excel database

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 FROM clause syntax error with sensible SQL query to Excel database

Hi Adam,

        Modify your query as

              SELECT * FROM [Menus$] WHERE Title <>" "

Hope this helps you!

Venkatesh S

Aditi Corp.
http://www.aditi.com
Visit our FAQ Page At : http://www.aditi.com/knowledge/vb/index.html

 Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

2. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

3. SQL Syntax error in ORDER BY clause.(-2147217900)

4. SQL Syntax error in FROM Clause...but WHY?

5. Error-2147217900, Syntax error in FROM clause

6. SQL QUERY SYNTAX ERROR

7. SQL & VB:Syntax Error in query

8. HELP - Database string with apostrophe causes Syntax Error in Query Expression

9. SQL Syntax \like clause

10. HELP / HELP / syntax SQL / 'LIKE' clause

11. Help!!! for SQL syntax: LIKE clause

12. hELP!!! FOR SQL SYNTAX: LIKE CLAUSE