Best product for report writing?
Author Message
 Best product for report writing?

I need to find a replacement for the limited and soon to be discontinued
report writer that is a part of our main frame application program. The
database can be exported to .dbf format. I am puzzled as to which product to
use, VB,Access or Crystal Reports. We will not be doing any updating of the
database,just getting information from it.Your comments would be greatly
appreciated.

Thu, 10 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Best product for report writing?

Quote:

>I need to find a replacement for the limited and soon to be discontinued
>report writer that is a part of our main frame application program. The
>database can be exported to .dbf format. I am puzzled as to which product
>use, VB,Access or Crystal Reports. We will not be doing any updating of the
>database,just getting information from it.Your comments would be greatly
>appreciated.

Crystal Reports is pretty good for query-based reports.  If, however, you
want to create "unbound" reports, Crystal falls flat on its face.
ActiveReports from DataDynamics is excellent for this.

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Best Choice for Enterprise Reporting Product

2. Product A = Product B + Product C + .......

3. What is the best way of writing reports?

4. the best products on the net 5424

5. Is there a better product out there?

6. BETTER BASIC - old product

7. Best animated image product?

8. Best Third-Party Products?

9. Good compression routine (or 3rd-party product)

10. the best products on the net 8721

11. Distributing product written in Visual Basic 4

12. I am looking for a product test (how to write) template