ODBC DB Manipulation ?
Author Message
 ODBC DB Manipulation ?

Hi there,
        I would like to know how is it possible to manipulate a DB in
Oracle(i.e. create/alter table,index,views etc.) from VB from any
'screen interface'(I mean not by coding).
In data manager there is no option to choose any ODBC DB.
Also through the script it should be possible to connect to any ODBC
datasource.(say Watcom).But whenever I try to connect to it I get an
error like
Driver specified by database could not be loaded.Number:3146.
(Actually the same problem occurs if I use visdata).
But the same DSN acts fine when I try to connect from PB.(Ya, you
guessed it right,I'm a PB person,coming back to VB after long..).
What could possibly be wrong?
Thanks a lot for any response.

-Deb

Tue, 02 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB, SQL Server, RDO, ODBC and Timestamp column manipulation

2. VB, RDO - ODBC, SQL Server and Timestamp column manipulation

3. Need help with DB manipulation...

4. dB Manipulation

5. Access DB connection/manipulation problem

6. Crystal Report: DB Path manipulation in VB code

7. Need help with DB manipulation...

8. Access DB image manipulation using VB

9. Data Access/Manipulation VB <-->Access97 DB

10. Newbie - VB6.0 with ADO2.5 accessing an ACCESS db using ODBC

11. Exporting Data From ODBC DB Into Exchange

12. Verifying with VBA that a Project Exists when stored in ODBC db