Access 97 Database Corruption
Author Message
 Access 97 Database Corruption

I have a vb application that uses an access 97 database, this last week it has had 2 problems while the users were using the database it returned an error message indicating the database was corrupt and needed to be repaired.  This has been a fairly stable application and hasn't changed recently.  Any ideas where I should look or start investigating?

Thanks in advance

--
I wish you enough.

Charles M. Scott

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:02:54 GMT
 Access 97 Database Corruption

Click on over to Microsoft and do a search on database corruption.  Quite a few articles on the topic.

Then do a search on Google for the same thing in this group and Microsoft.public.vb.dao.  Again you will find lots of info.  This is a weekly question on these lists.

But to summarise, you should check NIC cards, routers  if it has suddenly started happening it is probably due to a problem with the network it is located on.

Matt

  I have a vb application that uses an access 97 database, this last week it has had 2 problems while the users were using the database it returned an error message indicating the database was corrupt and needed to be repaired.  This has been a fairly stable application and hasn't changed recently.  Any ideas where I should look or start investigating?

  Thanks in advance

  --
  I wish you enough.

  Charles M. Scott

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:54:42 GMT

1. Access 97 Database Corruption

2. database corruption of access 97 from windows 2000

3. Access 97/ 2000 Database corruption

4. Access 97: Module corruption

5. Access 97 DB Corruption Recurring Problem

6. Table corruption in Access 97

7. Corruption, Access 97 & Visual Basic 32-Bit

8. Corruption, Access 97 & Visual Basic 32-Bit

9. sending bookmark data from word 97 to access 97 database

10. Choose a database in a database - Access 97

11. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

12. Creating new Access 97 database by VB code in Access 2000 module