Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset
Author Message
 Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset

Hi,

I moved my package from my machine running MTS to a server running MTS and
now I am getting "Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual
Basic" errors when calling a method that returns an ADO recordset.  On my
machine I had no problems getting objects under MTS to return recordsets.

I think the problem is I have ADO DLL's from 6/99 and the server has ADO
DLL's from 6/98.  Does anyone agree with this logic, since I cannot easily
upgrade the server ?

Thanks and please reply to group,
Dave

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset

Some such problems have been fixed in NT Service Pack 4. Updating the server
with SP4 might help.

Thanks

Quote:
> Hi,

> I moved my package from my machine running MTS to a server running MTS and
> now I am getting "Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual
> Basic" errors when calling a method that returns an ADO recordset.  On my
> machine I had no problems getting objects under MTS to return recordsets.

> I think the problem is I have ADO DLL's from 6/99 and the server has ADO
> DLL's from 6/98.  Does anyone agree with this logic, since I cannot easily
> upgrade the server ?

> Thanks and please reply to group,
> Dave

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset
I am using VB6 SP3 / NT 4 SP 4 W/S / SQL Server 6.5 / ADO 2.1

Thanks,
Dave
(Please respond to the newsgroup.)

Quote:
> Some such problems have been fixed in NT Service Pack 4. Updating the
server
> with SP4 might help.

> Thanks

> > Hi,

> > I moved my package from my machine running MTS to a server running MTS
and
> > now I am getting "Variable uses an Automation type not supported in
Visual
> > Basic" errors when calling a method that returns an ADO recordset.  On
my
> > machine I had no problems getting objects under MTS to return
recordsets.

> > I think the problem is I have ADO DLL's from 6/99 and the server has ADO
> > DLL's from 6/98.  Does anyone agree with this logic, since I cannot
easily
> > upgrade the server ?

> > Thanks and please reply to group,
> > Dave

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset

Trashed registration entries. Cleanup and start again i.e delete all entries
belonging to
your component - find is usually sufficient.
You've been registring and unregistry two many times - bugs in regsvr32 and
VB work together to achieve this.

Andrew

Quote:

>I am using VB6 SP3 / NT 4 SP 4 W/S / SQL Server 6.5 / ADO 2.1

>Thanks,
>Dave
>(Please respond to the newsgroup.)

>> Some such problems have been fixed in NT Service Pack 4. Updating the
>server
>> with SP4 might help.

>> Thanks

>> > Hi,

>> > I moved my package from my machine running MTS to a server running MTS
>and
>> > now I am getting "Variable uses an Automation type not supported in
>Visual
>> > Basic" errors when calling a method that returns an ADO recordset.  On
>my
>> > machine I had no problems getting objects under MTS to return
>recordsets.

>> > I think the problem is I have ADO DLL's from 6/99 and the server has
ADO
>> > DLL's from 6/98.  Does anyone agree with this logic, since I cannot
>easily
>> > upgrade the server ?

>> > Thanks and please reply to group,
>> > Dave

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset

2. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

3. Variable uses Automation Type not supported in Visual Basic

4. Error 458: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

5. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

6. Variable uses Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

7. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

8. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

9. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

10. Error when creating dll: variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

11. ErrMsg: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

12. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic