What's the best DB system for my VB project?
Author Message
 What's the best DB system for my VB project?

I've been using .mdb so far but i've been having problems with it. Is there
another type (Dbase, Paradox, etc.) that is better and more appropriate? It
needs to be a relational type database...

Thanks!

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's the best DB system for my VB project?
Any details?  What problems, how many concurrent users?

Quote:

--
Laura Meyerovich
Magnet Systems

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's the best DB system for my VB project?
If you have not done so already, you may want to have a look at the Apollo
OLE DB provider at www.ApolloDatabase.com.

Apollo OLE DB is fast, very small (~350k), and requires no end-user
configuration at all.  It also works extremely well in high-traffic
multi-user applications.

Best regards,

Loren Scott
President/CEO
Vista Software - A Vision That Works!
http://www.ApolloDatabase.com
1-800-653-2949

Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's the best DB system for my VB project?

For less than 10 users -> Access could be good
For 10 to 50 Users -> SQL Server or Oracle
For WEB purposes -> SQL Server or Oracle

Stefano Grevi
ITALY

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's the best DB system for my VB project?
I'M playing with development on the MSDE - then up scale to SQL7 or pay
careful attention to connections (5 allowed)

Quote:

> For less than 10 users -> Access could be good
> For 10 to 50 Users -> SQL Server or Oracle
> For WEB purposes -> SQL Server or Oracle

> Stefano Grevi
> ITALY

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why can't project find System.Net...

2. help: System error &H80004002 (-2147467262) when I'm trying Project,Components (Ctrl+T)

3. Best way to save user's project

4. Accessing the Project's DB (from P2K)

5. Microsoft Project 2002 Database VS. Microsoft Project 2002 OLE DB Provider

6. VB's predefined collections of a project's forms

7. vb.net SITE's Any really good ONE's TIA

8. Any good VB - SQL Server 7 projects?

9. How to access a DB's form's control from w/i VB module

10. VB applications - Systems engineer/Project manager needed

11. System Error &H80004005 in VB Project

12. The Gabriel project a mobile app system for VB