Help: ADO Error in VB Component 
Author Message
 Help: ADO Error in VB Component

I am using ADO 2.0 with VB 6.0 Ent.  I am performing selects on DB2 using
IBM DB2 Connect.

Something like "Select T.SEN_HOURS from HRTABLE T"

The SEN_HOURS field in DB2 is a decimal field and say retruns something like
12345.50.

The I am able to open the ADODB recordset and look at the data and all is
fine.   The problem I have is that I return the RecrodCount value from the
recordset and as soon as I try to access the RecordCount property I get the
following error:

CLI0150E Driver not capable

So to get around the error I change the above select statement to:

"Select DIGITS(T.SEN_HOURS) from HRTABLE T"

Now the SEN_HOURS column holds the value "000001234550"

So I simply Val the column and divide it by 100 for the display.

The problem now is that I have a column that returns a negative number
(-15.50) and If I perform the DIGITS on it, it drops the sign (000001550).

But I need to know if it was a negative number.

Has anyone iver came accross this error before, and if there is a way around
it.

I am using ADO 2.0

The version of the ado files are 2.0.3002.11

Thanks in advance,

Dean



Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Help: ADO Error in VB Component

Instead of changing your SELECT statement to do an unnecessary conversion do a SELECT count(*) just before your existing SELECT statement. But, is it actually necessary to know the number of records? In most cases it is not. It is simply a "nice to have".

Regards,
Simon Jones
MillStream Designs Ltd
Independent IT Consultants


  I am using ADO 2.0 with VB 6.0 Ent.  I am performing selects on DB2 using
  IBM DB2 Connect.

  The I am able to open the ADODB recordset and look at the data and all is
  fine.   The problem I have is that I return the RecrodCount value from the
  recordset and as soon as I try to access the RecordCount property I get the
  following error:

  CLI0150E Driver not capable



Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Help: ADO Error in VB Component
Are you use the DataEnvironment ?
Look the Bug report list to
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q168/3/54.asp

I have the same problem, it's necessary to change the ODBC Providers !!!!!!!!
and i search a solution

Dean Williams a crit :

Quote:
> I am using ADO 2.0 with VB 6.0 Ent.  I am performing selects on DB2 using
> IBM DB2 Connect.

> Something like "Select T.SEN_HOURS from HRTABLE T"

> The SEN_HOURS field in DB2 is a decimal field and say retruns something like
> 12345.50.

> The I am able to open the ADODB recordset and look at the data and all is
> fine.   The problem I have is that I return the RecrodCount value from the
> recordset and as soon as I try to access the RecordCount property I get the
> following error:

> CLI0150E Driver not capable

> So to get around the error I change the above select statement to:

> "Select DIGITS(T.SEN_HOURS) from HRTABLE T"

> Now the SEN_HOURS column holds the value "000001234550"

> So I simply Val the column and divide it by 100 for the display.

> The problem now is that I have a column that returns a negative number
> (-15.50) and If I perform the DIGITS on it, it drops the sign (000001550).

> But I need to know if it was a negative number.

> Has anyone iver came accross this error before, and if there is a way around
> it.

> I am using ADO 2.0

> The version of the ado files are 2.0.3002.11

> Thanks in advance,

> Dean



Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Help: ADO Error in VB Component
Where would one find another ODBC Provider?

I'm having the same problem with VB 6 reading DB2 UDB v5.2.

Thanks in advance,
Joe



Quote:
> Are you use the DataEnvironment ?
> Look the Bug report list to
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q168/3/54.asp

> I have the same problem, it's necessary to change the ODBC Providers
!!!!!!!!
> and i search a solution

> Dean Williams a crit :

> > I am using ADO 2.0 with VB 6.0 Ent.  I am performing selects on DB2
using
> > IBM DB2 Connect.

> > Something like "Select T.SEN_HOURS from HRTABLE T"

> > The SEN_HOURS field in DB2 is a decimal field and say retruns
something like
> > 12345.50.

> > The I am able to open the ADODB recordset and look at the data and
all is
> > fine.   The problem I have is that I return the RecrodCount value
from the
> > recordset and as soon as I try to access the RecordCount property I
get the
> > following error:

> > CLI0150E Driver not capable

> > So to get around the error I change the above select statement to:

> > "Select DIGITS(T.SEN_HOURS) from HRTABLE T"

> > Now the SEN_HOURS column holds the value "000001234550"

> > So I simply Val the column and divide it by 100 for the display.

> > The problem now is that I have a column that returns a negative
number
> > (-15.50) and If I perform the DIGITS on it, it drops the sign
(000001550).

> > But I need to know if it was a negative number.

> > Has anyone iver came accross this error before, and if there is a
way around
> > it.

> > I am using ADO 2.0

> > The version of the ado files are 2.0.3002.11

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Dean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Help: ADO Error in VB Component
I am running VB6.0 SP3 using ADO 2.1 with the Microsoft native ODBC
Drivers.  I was having the same problem.  As long as there was no
packed data coming from the Mainframe DB2 table, there was no problem.
As soon as I tried to access data that was packed I got the same
message.

I fnally had the version 5.2 of the IBM DB2 Client loaded over the 5.0
and all is clear, even the decimal problem.  Check your version number
for the following:

    DB2_FP9094 5.2 WINNT Base 1.0.0, IBM

Hope this helps.


Quote:

> Where would one find another ODBC Provider?

> I'm having the same problem with VB 6 reading DB2 UDB v5.2.

> Thanks in advance,
> Joe



> > Are you use the DataEnvironment ?
> > Look the Bug report list to
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q168/3/54.asp

> > I have the same problem, it's necessary to change the ODBC Providers
> !!!!!!!!
> > and i search a solution

> > Dean Williams a crit :

> > > I am using ADO 2.0 with VB 6.0 Ent.  I am performing selects on
DB2
> using
> > > IBM DB2 Connect.

> > > Something like "Select T.SEN_HOURS from HRTABLE T"

> > > The SEN_HOURS field in DB2 is a decimal field and say retruns
> something like
> > > 12345.50.

> > > The I am able to open the ADODB recordset and look at the data and
> all is
> > > fine.   The problem I have is that I return the RecrodCount value
> from the
> > > recordset and as soon as I try to access the RecordCount property
I
> get the
> > > following error:

> > > CLI0150E Driver not capable

> > > So to get around the error I change the above select statement to:

> > > "Select DIGITS(T.SEN_HOURS) from HRTABLE T"

> > > Now the SEN_HOURS column holds the value "000001234550"

> > > So I simply Val the column and divide it by 100 for the display.

> > > The problem now is that I have a column that returns a negative
> number
> > > (-15.50) and If I perform the DIGITS on it, it drops the sign
> (000001550).

> > > But I need to know if it was a negative number.

> > > Has anyone iver came accross this error before, and if there is a
> way around
> > > it.

> > > I am using ADO 2.0

> > > The version of the ado files are 2.0.3002.11

> > > Thanks in advance,

> > > Dean

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


Fri, 12 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Help: ADO Error in VB Component

2. 429 ActiveX Component Error with VB 6 and ADO

3. Type mismatch error using ADO / ASP / VB COM Component

4. VB/Excel - Component Request Pending / Component Busy Error

5. VB/Excel - Component Request Pending / Component Busy Error

6. Help: Error handling for VB component in VC

7. Out of Memory Error when trying to use ADO in a MTS component

8. Error 429 with ADO component

9. Error creating an MTS Component with VB6 + ADO 2.1

10. Error 429 with ADO component

11. Error using ADO in a remote component.

12. Help with [asp/vb/ado/]access error -3705

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software