ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method
Author Message
 ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

Does anybody have some sample code for this method indicating which
properties. I get the message that the application doesn't support the
method. I don't think this is the case. I think it's because I am doing
something wrong.
Thanks

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

Quote:

> Does anybody have some sample code for this method indicating which
> properties. I get the message that the application doesn't support the
> method. I don't think this is the case. I think it's because I am doing
> something wrong.
> Thanks

  No way to know if you're doing something wrong, since you haven't
posted any code.  here's an article that may help you (long URL - may be
split by your news reader):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/officedev/odeopg/deovrfindingrecord...
--
Jim in Cleveland
If you're writing to me, in my address

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?"
     - Nick Lowe

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method
In article

  Jim in Cleveland
Quote:

> > Does anybody have some sample code for this

method indicating which
Quote:
> > properties. I get the message that the

application doesn't support the
Quote:
> > method. I don't think this is the case. I

think it's because I am doing
Quote:
> > something wrong.
> > Thanks

>   No way to know if you're doing something

wrong, since you haven't
Quote:
> posted any code.  here's an article that may

help you (long URL - may be
Quote:
> split by your news reader):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/officedev/odeopg/deovrfindingrecord...
Quote:
> --
> Jim in Cleveland
> If you're writing to me, in my address
> change "REAL_Address.see.below"

to "worldnet.att.net"

Quote:

> "What's so funny 'bout peace, love &
understanding?"
>      - Nick Lowe

I'm using the example code in the URL, but I
still receive the same error Tom did (provider
doesn't support seek method).  Do you know what
references are needed?  I'm including "Microsoft
ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library" and "Microsoft
ADO Ext. 2.1 for DDL and Security".

Thanks!
Joe

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method
I have the same problem.  I found an example on msdn.microsoft.com using
seek with ADO but they are using the Jet Engine.  I'm using SQL7 and get the
"not supported by provider" error when it trys to set the index.  Check out
the example and if you figure it out let me know.

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

2. ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

3. Seek method on ADO data recordset?

4. Seek method not found for my ADODB.Recordset object

5. Regarding Update method of ADO Recordset object

6. Regarding Update method of ADO Recordset object

7. Seek method of recordset

8. Recordset Seek method

9. Index Property / Seek Method In Recordset

10. ADO Index property and Seek method

11. Index Property/SEEK method Problem with ADO

12. ADO and Seek Method