Status Bar Update using VB?
Author Message
 Status Bar Update using VB?

Hello... I'm using VB to connect to an Access 2000 database.  During the
runtime of my app I create and run some rather time consuming queries...  I
added a status bar function to my app, but I'm unfamiliar with them for the
most part.  How would I go about making the status bar do a progression
status similar to the status bar in Access 2000 itself?  (the small squares
moving from none to full)

Any help on this or any status bar would be appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:03:02 GMT
 Status Bar Update using VB?
Ok... I found a progress bar control... but my real question is how do I
link the progress of an Access 2000 Query to this control?
    Thanks again!

Quote:
> Hello... I'm using VB to connect to an Access 2000 database.  During the
> runtime of my app I create and run some rather time consuming queries...
> added a status bar function to my app, but I'm unfamiliar with them for
the
> most part.  How would I go about making the status bar do a progression
> status similar to the status bar in Access 2000 itself?  (the small
squares
> moving from none to full)

> Any help on this or any status bar would be appreciated.

> Regards,
> Steve

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:23:34 GMT
 Status Bar Update using VB?

Ok... I found a progress bar control... but my real question is how do I
link the progress of an Access 2000 Query to this control?
    Thanks again!

Unfortunately you can't get an accurate percentage of completion while it's executing. However you
can simply fudge a percentage (essentially what Access does) if you run an asynchronous query and
use a timer event.

You can use the code from the following MS KB article to do this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190606

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wed, 14 Sep 2005 02:21:47 GMT

1. Acc97: Using SysCmd to update status bar during query

2. Update Status Bar while Userform loaded

3. Status Bar Update

4. updating MDI status bar from child

5. updating time in status bar

6. Status bar timer doesn't update