Using Access 97 replication ID's with VB5 data control and other bound controls
Author Message
 Using Access 97 replication ID's with VB5 data control and other bound controls

Does anyone know if there is a problem using Access 97's replication ID as a
primary key when programming in VB5?

I have an Access 97 database that uses AutoNumber/replication ID's to hook
up to tables with Number/replication ID fields.  When using the data
control, I get data type mismatch errors.  If I try to bind a DBCombo
control, nothing shows up in the list.  I need to use a data control because
I can't link my DBGrid controls at run time.  How can I use replication ID's
and still make use of my grid controls, etc.?  Are there any programmatic
ways to make use of the replication ID fields, or do I need to change my
database?  I don't want to re-prgram my app in Access.

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Access 97 replication ID's with VB5 data control and other bound controls

Yes, do NOT use Access replication..

Need more info, e-mail me

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:01:06 -0400, "Scott Peterson"

Quote:

>Does anyone know if there is a problem using Access 97's replication ID as a
>primary key when programming in VB5?

>I have an Access 97 database that uses AutoNumber/replication ID's to hook
>up to tables with Number/replication ID fields.  When using the data
>control, I get data type mismatch errors.  If I try to bind a DBCombo
>control, nothing shows up in the list.  I need to use a data control because
>I can't link my DBGrid controls at run time.  How can I use replication ID's
>and still make use of my grid controls, etc.?  Are there any programmatic
>ways to make use of the replication ID fields, or do I need to change my
>database?  I don't want to re-prgram my app in Access.

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Access 97 replication ID's with VB5 data control and other bound controls

Why not?

Quote:

>Yes, do NOT use Access replication..

>Need more info, e-mail me

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal and Access 97 with replication id's

2. Using a Data Control in VB5 accessing a user-level secure Access 97 DB

3. Using an Access database with replication ID's as primary keys in VB

4. Replication of Access 97 with VB5 Need Advice and Suggestions

5. Data Replication between SQL Server 7 and MS Access 97

6. Access 97 bound or not ot bound controls

7. Using VB5 to import data to access without using the Data control

8. Problem with Controls Created in VB5 CCE Used with Access 97

9. Using VB432 Data controls with Access 97 partial-replicated database

10. Disabling Outlook 2000 Menu Items - Finding Control ID, IDs, ID's

11. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

12. Replication with Access 97