Visual Basic - CLIPPER
Author Message
 Visual Basic - CLIPPER

We need to Know how can i do using Visual Basic to access Clipper Data
Base.
We have an Indexed Table, but VisualBasic doesn't recognized the index
created by CLIPPER. We can read and update the table, but the index is not
updated or accessed.

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic - CLIPPER
Is the index a .NTX file? If possible, you should recompile the Clipper
application to create a .NDX or .MDX index file. Just link the correct .lib
or .obj file with it. Both index types seem to be supported by the dBase
ODBC driver (3.50.342800), however I haven't used this functionality.

CU,

Dirk-Jan

Quote:
>We need to Know how can i do using Visual Basic to access Clipper Data
>Base.
>We have an Indexed Table, but VisualBasic doesn't recognized the index
>created by CLIPPER. We can read and update the table, but the index is not
>updated or accessed.

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic - CLIPPER
I use CodeBase 6.2 with VB5 and it works fine with a mixture of users on the
same network - some running the clipper app some the VB version. My clipper
app uses the comix CDX driver (which is basically foxpro format) and
codebase also uses the foxpro dll. I never tried working via Access so can't
give any opinions there.

Richard

Quote:
>We need to Know how can i do using Visual Basic to access Clipper Data
>Base.
>We have an Indexed Table, but VisualBasic doesn't recognized the index
>created by CLIPPER. We can read and update the table, but the index is not
>updated or accessed.

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help migrating from CLIPPER to VISUAL BASIC

2. Clipper and Visual Basic

3. Van Clipper overstappen naar Visual basic of Delphi ?

4. visual basic and clipper - need a translation

5. Visual Basic and Clipper

6. Code converter betwen clipper and Visual Basic

7. Clipper 5.x and visual basic

8. Clipper 5.x and visual basic

9. Van Clipper overstappen naar Visual basic of Delphi ?

10. Clipper to visual basic?

11. Visual Basic and Clipper

12. Visual Basic and Clipper Dbf/Ntx Files