How to identify what's making my MDB grow rapidly ?
Author Message
 How to identify what's making my MDB grow rapidly ?

I have made changes to a database and it now grows much more rapidly then
before...

The users don't delete much of the entries they make everyday. There are
about 20 users that mostly Add/update records during the day. (No
replication)

It can grow as much as 3 to 4 Mo a day and when compacting, it returns to
100 to 200 Ko of the original size...

Thanks in advance !

David

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to identify what's making my MDB grow rapidly ?
Are your users connected simultaneously?
Do you use DAO 3.5 or later or ADO?

If the answer to these questions is yes then I can tell you that I have been
discussing this with a couple of guys from Microsoft and they are looking
into it now. I will let you know if they come up with anything.

Andrew

Quote:

> I have made changes to a database and it now grows much more rapidly then
> before...

> The users don't delete much of the entries they make everyday. There are
> about 20 users that mostly Add/update records during the day. (No
> replication)

> It can grow as much as 3 to 4 Mo a day and when compacting, it returns to
> 100 to 200 Ko of the original size...

> Thanks in advance !

> David

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to identify what's making my MDB grow rapidly ?
Simultaneous access is made by over 20 users with DAO 3.51. The front-end is
VB 6.0.

Let me know if you find anything interesting. My customer bought Total
Access Agent to perform the mdb maintenance. It's ok for backup but I'm
still looking for a way to make sure the database is compacted once a
week...

I may use a timer in my app and log anyone off my app at a given time (3:00
AM) to let the compact happen... I don't know if it is a good solution ...

Thank you,

David

Quote:
>Are your users connected simultaneously?
>Do you use DAO 3.5 or later or ADO?

>If the answer to these questions is yes then I can tell you that I have
been
>discussing this with a couple of guys from Microsoft and they are looking
>into it now. I will let you know if they come up with anything.

>Andrew

>> I have made changes to a database and it now grows much more rapidly then
>> before...

>> The users don't delete much of the entries they make everyday. There are
>> about 20 users that mostly Add/update records during the day. (No
>> replication)

>> It can grow as much as 3 to 4 Mo a day and when compacting, it returns to
>> 100 to 200 Ko of the original size...

>> Thanks in advance !

>> David

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rapidly growing Access database

2. a solution to growing mdb's and how to undo a form with sub-form

3. **when running report,it'll rapidly come and go**

4. Courious growing of MDB after /DECOMPILE and /COMPACT

5. MDB size growing on NT

6. Changing query *grows* the mdb file.

7. mdb growing

8. Why does this MDB file grow uncontrollably?!

9. .mdb Grows Alarmingly

10. limited 'can grow'

11. My data base grows and grows just by run a code

12. Database grows and grows