Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem
Author Message
 Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem

Did the interfaces from ADO 1.0 to 1.5 change?  I have a three tiered
application: IIS and ASP --> MTS and COM --> SQL and I am trying to pass a
disconnected recordset back to the ASP page.

I installed ADO 1.5 and now the COM component that I had that ran under MTS
and accessed the DB via ADO no longer works.  My client gets a 3704 and the
MTS component does not even come up.

I have tried rebuilding the VB5 component with update references to the ADO
1.5 libraries.  I am not sure where the problem is.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Mike Alvarez
POV Partners

To reply via email remove the anit-spam part address

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem

 Mike,

Make sure that you don't have any registry clashes between various versions
of ADO.  As you're using ASP pages I assume the error occurs on the server.
I'd suggest you have a look there at first.

Later...

Niels

Mike Alvarez wrote in article

Quote:
>Did the interfaces from ADO 1.0 to 1.5 change?  I have a three tiered
>application: IIS and ASP --> MTS and COM --> SQL and I am trying to pass a
>disconnected recordset back to the ASP page.

>I installed ADO 1.5 and now the COM component that I had that ran under MTS
>and accessed the DB via ADO no longer works.  My client gets a 3704 and the
>MTS component does not even come up.

>I have tried rebuilding the VB5 component with update references to the ADO
>1.5 libraries.  I am not sure where the problem is.  Any help would be
>greatly appreciated.

>Mike Alvarez
>POV Partners

>To reply via email remove the anit-spam part address

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem

Yes, the interfaces changed.  ADO / RDS 1.1 is a go-between for 1.0 and
1.5.  See http://microsoft.com/data.

'('     Jeff
\

Quote:
> Did the interfaces from ADO 1.0 to 1.5 change?  I have a three tiered
> application: IIS and ASP --> MTS and COM --> SQL and I am trying to pass
> disconnected recordset back to the ASP page.

> I installed ADO 1.5 and now the COM component that I had that ran under
MTS
> and accessed the DB via ADO no longer works.  My client gets a 3704 and
the
> MTS component does not even come up.

> I have tried rebuilding the VB5 component with update references to the
ADO
> 1.5 libraries.  I am not sure where the problem is.  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

> Mike Alvarez
> POV Partners

> To reply via email remove the anit-spam part address

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem

Did the interfaces from ADO 1.0 to 1.5 change?  I have a three tiered
application: IIS and ASP --> MTS and COM --> SQL and I am trying to pass a
disconnected recordset back to the ASP page.

I installed ADO 1.5 and now the COM component that I had that ran under MTS
and accessed the DB via ADO no longer works.  My client gets a 3704 and the
MTS component does not even come up.

I have tried rebuilding the VB5 component with update references to the ADO
1.5 libraries.  I am not sure where the problem is.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Mike Alvarez
POV Partners

To reply via email remove the anit-spam part address

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem

 FYI.....The problem ended up being a type mismatch error between the client
VB app and the VB component.  The VB client was passing a adodb.recordset
that was from ADO 1.5 and the client was linked with the 1.0 version of ADO.

I would have thought that there would be something in COM to prevent this or
give better error description.

Not that I am blaming COM because it was my blunder. <g>

Thanks to those who helped,
Mike Alvarez

Mike Alvarez wrote in article ...

Quote:
>Did the interfaces from ADO 1.0 to 1.5 change?  I have a three tiered
>application: IIS and ASP --> MTS and COM --> SQL and I am trying to pass a
>disconnected recordset back to the ASP page.

>I installed ADO 1.5 and now the COM component that I had that ran under MTS
>and accessed the DB via ADO no longer works.  My client gets a 3704 and the
>MTS component does not even come up.

>I have tried rebuilding the VB5 component with update references to the ADO
>1.5 libraries.  I am not sure where the problem is.  Any help would be
>greatly appreciated.

>Mike Alvarez
>POV Partners

>To reply via email remove the anit-spam part address

Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please HELP! ADO 1.0 to 1.5 problem

2. VB5EE setup wizard and mdac 1.5 (ado 1.5) problem

3. Problem writing to Access 97 DB with ADO 1.5 and 2.1 (using ODBC)

4. Problem with ADO 1.5 and Access 8.0

5. VB5, ADO 1.5, SQL Server 6.5 problem

6. ODBC ver. 3.7 and ADO 1.5 problem

7. VB5, ADO 1.5, SQL Server 6.5 problem

8. LDAP connection with ADO 1.5

9. ADO 1.5 CMD error when executing Stored Procedures??

10. ADO 1.5, Where do u get it ?

11. LDAP connection with ADO 1.5

12. Distributing ADO 1.5