Converting relational data to grid data - please help!
Author Message
 Converting relational data to grid data - please help!

I have a database with two tables: Cars (CarID, CarName) , and CarCost with
these fields (carID, Cost, Date).  I want to be able to edit this data in a
grid control.  Unfortuneately, my users need their data in a certain way:
(a row of dates) x (column of CarNames).  The grid has to look like:

       1/6  1/7  1/8  1/9  1/10  1/11
Toyota
Ford
Nissan
Lexus

Now what kind of recordset do I pass into my grid control?  Can I query the
CarCost table that will generate a recordset of data in this format?  If so,
I never heard of it...  My thoughts are that I have to disconnect the grid
from the recordset and poulate it manually, let the user do their edits, and
then reload it into the recordset.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Marco

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Use Outlook data as relational data base?

2. Binary Data in SQL 2000/Conver to Bitmap Data For Data Grid View

3. Help With Data Grid Control Please

4. Please help, modifing values in a data grid

5. Data Grid Help - Please

6. Please help, modify values in a data grid

7. Data Grid Help - Please

8. VB4 - Data Bound Grid Error - PLEASE HELP

9. data grid + combo box (please help)

10. Data Grid Question--Please Help ME

11. Data Grid Help - Please

12. Data Grid Help - Please