Jet SQL Function for converting datatypes?
Author Message
 Jet SQL Function for converting datatypes?

Argh!

I've nearly finished a quick reaction task for an access 97 database with a
vb6 front end. After some experimentation with datacontrols I switched to
the vb6 data environment and SQL commands to improve performance. The one
prolem that remains concerns the use of the IIF conditional function.

My code fragment reads thus:

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE
IIF (YR<50, YR+100, YR)>?

? Is a parameter fed in from code. This works fine in Access ie. sorts out 2
figure dates from 1950-2049 but when fed in from the data environment
produces results commensurtae with the YR+100 result turning into a text
datatype. Is there any Jet SQL command I can use to force the result to
remain an integer? This is causing me problems in a few areas, so any advice
would be extremely gratefully received.

Andy Stevens

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting datatype varchar to datatype datetime in SQL trigger

2. Converting SQL Server/MSDE code to Jet SQL

3. converting money datatype in sql to display on front end

4. ADO DataType Enum Mapping To SQL DataTypes

5. Help converting JET MDB into SQL Server

6. DLL for converting queries from Jet to T-SQL

7. convert SQL 7 query to work with JET

8. Converting JET 3.51(97) To Jet 4.0(2000) Using DAO In VB 5

9. ?SQL/Jet VB Functions in GROUP BY

10. jet sql user defined function

11. Using my functions in Jet SQL?

12. Using my functions in Jet SQL?