ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0
Author Message
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0

Hi,

I have VB 6.0 and when I try to use Access 2000/2002 files i get a error msg
"unrecognized file format" or something like that....but i can use access 97
files!!!! how can i fix this so i can use access2000/2002 files....

thanks in advance

nayana

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:24:57 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have VB 6.0 and when I try to use Access 2000/2002 files i get a error
msg
> "unrecognized file format" or something like that....but i can use access
97
> files!!!! how can i fix this so i can use access2000/2002 files....

You have to specify the EngineType in your connection parameters.
EngineType=4 is access 97, EngineType=5 is access 2000--I'm not sure if
access 2002 is a different format.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:30:47 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0
One of these should help...

PRB: Error "Unrecognized Database Format" When You Upgrade to Access 2000 or
2002 (Q238401)
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q238401

FIX: Unrecognized Database Format Error with Data Control or Data Form
Wizard (Q257780)
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q257780

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have VB 6.0 and when I try to use Access 2000/2002 files i get a
> error msg "unrecognized file format" or something like that....but i
> can use access 97 files!!!! how can i fix this so i can use
> access2000/2002 files....

> thanks in advance

> nayana

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:36:27 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0
hi,

where do i specify the eng type???
and do i have to add a "Data" component to every form I used for accessing a
database??

thanks

NS

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > I have VB 6.0 and when I try to use Access 2000/2002 files i get a error
> msg
> > "unrecognized file format" or something like that....but i can use
access
> 97
> > files!!!! how can i fix this so i can use access2000/2002 files....

> You have to specify the EngineType in your connection parameters.
> EngineType=4 is access 97, EngineType=5 is access 2000--I'm not sure if
> access 2002 is a different format.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:58:34 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0
the article said "add a reference to the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library.",
how do i do this????it also said dl service pack 4 and change the connect
option to access 2000 on the data control, but that didnt work

NS

Quote:
> One of these should help...

> PRB: Error "Unrecognized Database Format" When You Upgrade to Access 2000
or
> 2002 (Q238401)
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q238401

> FIX: Unrecognized Database Format Error with Data Control or Data Form
> Wizard (Q257780)
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q257780

> --
> Ken Halter
> MS-MVP-VB
> http://www.vbsight.com
> Please keep it in the groups..

> > Hi,

> > I have VB 6.0 and when I try to use Access 2000/2002 files i get a
> > error msg "unrecognized file format" or something like that....but i
> > can use access 97 files!!!! how can i fix this so i can use
> > access2000/2002 files....

> > thanks in advance

> > nayana

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:20:22 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0

Quote:
> hi,

> where do i specify the eng type???

In your connection string.  Show me how you're attempting to connect to the
database and I can be more specific.

Quote:
> and do i have to add a "Data" component to every form I used for accessing
> database??

If you're talking about a data control, it's roughly equivalent to a
recordset, so it's likely you'll use more than one.  Your question is tough
to answer, without knowing any more details than you've provided.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 05:39:44 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0
im not sure what u mean by the connection string, but im using OpenDatabase
to access my database and then a Data Control, in th form. And then using a
recordset, im getting the data from the database. As regard to my second
question, im going to be accessing 4 databases......so what im asking is do
i have to have 4 data controls set to the 4 databases???? i guess i have to
do that.

Quote:

> > hi,

> > where do i specify the eng type???

> In your connection string.  Show me how you're attempting to connect to
the
> database and I can be more specific.

> > and do i have to add a "Data" component to every form I used for
accessing
> > database??

> If you're talking about a data control, it's roughly equivalent to a
> recordset, so it's likely you'll use more than one.  Your question is
tough
> to answer, without knowing any more details than you've provided.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:54:14 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0
Just make sure your using the right MDAC version to get to the Jet Access
2000/2002 Engine.

If you're using ADO, MDAC 2.6 should be fine for Access 2000. make sure you
install 2.6 SP1 and not 2.6 RTM.

For access 2002, try using MDAC 2.7 (comes with Windows XP Pro
preinstalled).

Then you make a reference in your project to Microsoft Activex Data Objects
2.x (dependeing on the MDAC version)

If you have mixed MDAC versions, try using a MS tool to "clean" MDAC
components, called Component Checker.

see www.microsoft.com/data for more information.

Michael

Quote:
> im not sure what u mean by the connection string, but im using
OpenDatabase
> to access my database and then a Data Control, in th form. And then using
> recordset, im getting the data from the database. As regard to my second
> question, im going to be accessing 4 databases......so what im asking is
do
> i have to have 4 data controls set to the 4 databases???? i guess i have
> do that.

> > > hi,

> > > where do i specify the eng type???

> > In your connection string.  Show me how you're attempting to connect to
> the
> > database and I can be more specific.

> > > and do i have to add a "Data" component to every form I used for
> accessing
> > > database??

> > If you're talking about a data control, it's roughly equivalent to a
> > recordset, so it's likely you'll use more than one.  Your question is
> tough
> > to answer, without knowing any more details than you've provided.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:10:40 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0

Quote:
> im not sure what u mean by the connection string, but im using
OpenDatabase
> to access my database and then a Data Control, in th form. And then using
> recordset, im getting the data from the database.

The connection string is the fourth argument to OpenDatabase, it's called
Connect.  I'm not sure why you're doing this, though.

Quote:
> As regard to my second
> question, im going to be accessing 4 databases......so what im asking is
do
> i have to have 4 data controls set to the 4 databases???? i guess i have
> do that.

It looks as if the Data control has properties to specify the database, as
well as connection parameters.  Take a look at the Connect and DatabaseName
properties.  (One of the options for the Connect property is "Access 2000".)

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:59:27 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0
If you access more than one database at a time then you
need multiple data controls. I usually click the data
control on the form and hit F4 to get the properties page.
I then set the static information such as the database
type Access, Access 2000, dynamic, table, etc. I then set
my database name and other changeable information at run
time. I will hard code it will I first set it up. Easier
to create my tables.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:16:58 GMT
 ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0
In your connection string, if you are using access 2000 or greater, just
reference Jet4.0 instead of jet 3.51

kevin

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have VB 6.0 and when I try to use Access 2000/2002 files i get a error
msg
> "unrecognized file format" or something like that....but i can use access
97
> files!!!! how can i fix this so i can use access2000/2002 files....

> thanks in advance

> nayana

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:20:14 GMT

1. recognizing access 2000 files in VB6

2. ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0

3. ACCESS 2000 files in VB6.0

4. read excel file in access 2000 lire fichier excel dans access 2000

5. VB6.0 using Access 2000 Files

6. access 2000 or xp file format with vb6

7. CR8.5, VB6 & Access 2000 MDB File

8. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

9. VB6/Access 97 app on computer running Access 2000

10. VB6/Access 97 app on computer running Access 2000

11. Access 2000 database in VB6 - no write access

12. display chinese using DAO 3.6/VB6 in accessing Access 2000 DB.