Get DSN list from VB
Author Message
 Get DSN list from VB

Hi there:
        How can I get DNS entries from VB? I have a login screen. There are
textboxes for user id and password. I also have an combo box for displaying
a list of DSN. Users can decide which server to use. How can I retrieve a
list of DSN that built by ODBC manager?

Thanks.

Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Get DSN list from VB

Have you tried passing "ODBC;" as the connect string?  I believe this
will pop up the ODBC32 list of DSN's defined.

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 06:15:47 -0800, "Chi-Ming Yang (Universal

Quote:

>Hi there:
>    How can I get DNS entries from VB? I have a login screen. There are
>textboxes for user id and password. I also have an combo box for displaying
>a list of DSN. Users can decide which server to use. How can I retrieve a
>list of DSN that built by ODBC manager?

>Thanks.

-Kevin Buchan

Sat, 20 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB.NET ODBC.NET limitations solved DSN list / Tables list

2. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

3. which Dsn(Data Source Name) is Faster System DSN Or File DSN

4. getting list of directories into list box

5. Getting a list of Computer's on a network and or a list of Workgroups

6. I Need help to convert this code to vb.net (getting a list of sql Servers)

7. Getting list of Access DB tables with VB

8. Getting list of reports and printing from Access DB using VB

9. Getting active tasks list in VB

10. Getting list of tables in Access file with VB

11. Getting a list of methods and properties from an OLE Object in VB

12. HELP: getting ODBC DSN from registry