How to get the required field's name from error message
Author Message
 How to get the required field's name from error message

Hi,
I use ADODB library and Access database.
If you add a record and leave required field empty, the error occurs. The
Err.Description includes the name of the field which causes the error.
My question is: is there an other way to get the name of this field except
getting it from err.description?
I'm developing a business layer dll and would like to raise an Error event
with fieldname as parameter, because I do not want to show English error
messages to the user.
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thank you,
Ksenia.

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to get the required field's name from error message

You can check the field of you're recordset, like this
    If rst.Fields("Id").Required Then....

Eelco Mulder

Quote:
> Hi,
> I use ADODB library and Access database.
> If you add a record and leave required field empty, the error occurs. The
> Err.Description includes the name of the field which causes the error.
> My question is: is there an other way to get the name of this field except
> getting it from err.description?
> I'm developing a business layer dll and would like to raise an Error event
> with fieldname as parameter, because I do not want to show English error
> messages to the user.
> Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Ksenia.

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:01:00 GMT

1. 'Invalid Parameter Field Name' - error 20553

2. CR Error Messages: This field Name is not Known

3. Object required: 'f.Name'

4. Getting the user's logon name and computer name

5. Control's BackColor Based on Field's Required Property

6. Win2k 'messaging names' API

7. Run-time error '424': Object required

8. Run-Time error '424': object Required

9. error - Object required 'DoCmd'

10. Run-time error '424' Object Require

11. Run-time error '424' Object Required

12. Error: object required: 'WScript'