Deleted records when text file is linked as table (#deleted)
Author Message
 Deleted records when text file is linked as table (#deleted)

I am trying to attach a text file to an existing access database using the
link method.  I am finding all records with quotes (") in them show up as
deleted when the link is created.  I would like to define the text qualifier
as {none}.  I have search but find no examples of how to do this.
    Below is the schema.ini file and a sample of the code with a record set
example.
    Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.  I have tried to escape
and double the quotes but nothing seems to stop the deleting.

Dan McGivney
Knapp Enterprises

Schema:
[update.txt]
colnameheader=true
format=delimited(|)
CharacterSet=ANSI

connect example
Public Sub Add_Table(Tname, FName)

    ' Check to see if table exist
        For Each td In dbsJet.TableDefs
             If td.Name = Tname Then
                dbsJet.TableDefs.Delete Tname
             End If
        Next
    ' ad table
    Set td = dbsJet.CreateTableDef _
        (Tname)
     td.Connect = _
        "TEXT;DATABASE=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\text_data"
      td.SourceTableName = FName
    dbsJet.TableDefs.Append td
End Sub

Record set
show_idTitle     Show_Type     Genre1     Year     Actor     Dur
GGLA06     Golfing the Great Lakes     Sport     Golf               30
#Deleted     #Deleted     #Deleted     #Deleted     #Deleted     #Deleted
GHSI01     Gung Ho! Succeeding In A Changing World     Special     Business
90

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot add record to Visual Foxpro table after deleting all records in table

2. Update / Delete linked text file data

3. cannot delete record from external table (.dbf file)..

4. deleting records in a table and then adding new records

5. VB5: Deleting records using a text Dbase file...

6. Deleting Records in Text Files

7. Deleting records from a recordset without deleting from the database

8. DELETE statement (deleting but 0 records affected)

9. Delete a deleted record

10. How to Delete a record(or records) inside an open file

11. .Delete Deletes From BOTH Joind Tables - Help!

12. deleting linked tables