Weird ODBC error with Access95/VB5/SQL Server 6.5
Author Message
 Weird ODBC error with Access95/VB5/SQL Server 6.5

Howdy,

  I have a VB5 app which is accessing an SQL Server database through
linked tables in an Access 95 database. When I perform an INSERT using
an SQL statement (insert into tblArea values ('ns1010', 'area', 1)), I
always get the 'ODBC--Call failed' error. However, the values *do* get
inserted into the table on the server! I get the same error if I set the
statement to be a pass-through statement (dbSQLPassThrough).

Has anybody ever seen weirdness like this before? The table on the
server has three fields (I'm filling in all of them), two of those
fields make up the Primary Key.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Craig

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Weird ODBC error with Access95/VB5/SQL Server 6.5

Examine all the errors in the Errors collection and see if it gives you
more information.

Quote:

> Howdy,

>   I have a VB5 app which is accessing an SQL Server database through
> linked tables in an Access 95 database. When I perform an INSERT using
> an SQL statement (insert into tblArea values ('ns1010', 'area', 1)), I
> always get the 'ODBC--Call failed' error. However, the values *do* get
> inserted into the table on the server! I get the same error if I set the
> statement to be a pass-through statement (dbSQLPassThrough).

> Has anybody ever seen weirdness like this before? The table on the
> server has three fields (I'm filling in all of them), two of those
> fields make up the Primary Key.

> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Craig

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Weird ODBC error with Access95/VB5/SQL Server 6.5

2. ODBC error after upgrading to Microsoft SQL server 6.5

3. Error 20532 Crystal 6, SQL Server 6.5 and VB5

4. ODBC Direct and SQL Server 6.5

5. ODBC Connect to SQL server 6.5

6. VB4, SQL Server 6.5, RDO and ODBC

7. ODBC with SQL Server 6.5 in VB 4

8. Problems with ODBC drivers for SQL Server 6.5

9. ODBC and SQL Server 6.5 problem.

10. Creating ODBC connection to SQL Server 6.5 with VB4

11. ODBC problem through CR6 and SQL Server 6.5

12. ODBC with SQL Server 6.5 in VB 4