Urgent Help Needed with ADO/Oracle Parameter Problem...
Author Message
 Urgent Help Needed with ADO/Oracle Parameter Problem...

Hi!

I'm in the finishing stages of an application.  It has gone very well,
and now I am working on the code for passing values to the database.
I am using VB 6.0 Enterprise Edition and talking to Oracle Server 7.34
using the MDAC/ADO 2.5 Microsoft Provider for Oracle.

For a record the user might save (ie. Insert) into the database, most
of the fields, of course, contain only a single value.  However, there
are cases where the user is allowed by reason of necessity to have
multiple values for a field; in couple of cases, in fact, these are
listed in a grid even.

I have all the related values (for example: manufacturer id) in a
single-dimension array of type Double.  I had errors when using
Integer data type.  A reference I have suggests that Decimal is most
compatible with Oracle's Number data type, but I can't seem to set a
variable or array to type Decimal, and I can't convert the array with
CDec().  I have found a reference using Double as the data type
against the Number type field in Oracle, so I think I'm OK on this.

My problem is I continue to get errors when trying to pass the arrays
as ADO command parameters to Oracle during an insert!  Has anybody
encountered this or have any idea what I should be doing?  Am I
allowed to pass arrays to Oracle via ADO?  Are there any special
conventions I should be using?

Any advice or info is really appreciated!  Thanks!

===> Roy

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Urgent Help Needed ---> ADO/Oracle Parameter Passing

2. URGENT!!! Problem with Return Value Parameter with ADO

3. URGENT HELP WITH ADO AND ORACLE

4. Urgent help needed in parameter passing

5. Urgent help needed in parameter passing

6. Webclasses Win2k ADO Connection not working - urgent help needed

7. Urgent Help needed tor in-explicable ADO error

8. NEED HELP with ORACLE CLOB Datatype and ADO 2.7

9. ADO URGENT HELP NEEDED

10. Need help on ADO commands and parameters

11. Need help with ADO Command.Parameters (Cont)

12. Need help with ADO Command.Parameters