Performing an INNER JOIN in two different databases.
Author Message
 Performing an INNER JOIN in two different databases.

Hello everybody,

I am wondering if you can perform an INNER JOIN from two different
databases?  If so, how would you go about doing this.  Furthermore, I
was wondering if you can do an inner join between recordset objects or
something like that along the same lines as my first question.

Thanks in advance,
Jonetta

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Performing an INNER JOIN in two different databases.
A recordset would be an object returned from a query (using a programming
interface like ADO) while an inner join is a type of query performed on a
relational database using SQL.  Different databases use different variations
of SQL, though JET SQL can join data from a variety of different ISAM
databases.  You can wrap queries of different databases into a transaction
that could utilise components runnning under MTS, any db that supports OLE
transactions or X-Open protocols could participate in such a transaction.
In fact MTS is the best way to access and modify data located in different
RDBMS's (or on different servers) if your app is running on NT4 or Windows
9X.

Quote:
> Hello everybody,

> I am wondering if you can perform an INNER JOIN from two different
> databases?  If so, how would you go about doing this.  Furthermore, I
> was wondering if you can do an inner join between recordset objects or
> something like that along the same lines as my first question.

> Thanks in advance,
> Jonetta

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SELECT . INNER JOIN--INNER JOIN

2. Joining two tables from different databases

3. Table join between two tables in different databases

4. Table join between two different databases (MSSQL 6.5)

5. VB5-DB:INNER JOIN on two crosstab recordsets?

6. Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password

7. Joining two tables from two databases

8. INNER JOIN between two tables in different .MDB databases?

9. PRB: Left join behaves like a inner join.

10. Creating a join on tables in two different MSSQL 6.5 DB's

11. Joining two tables on different length fields

12. joining two tables from different dbs