Good database book?
Author Message
 Good database book?

Hello All,
I've been doing some database programming with Visual Basic 5. I consider
myself a sophmore now.

I would like some recommendations on some good database programming book for
Visual Basic 6.0. Erm..perhaps intermediate level and beyond.

Another thing, from the few threads that I've followed..I believe, I should
focus more in ADO area right? So..maybe those books targeted at ADO database
programming will be good.

Thanks alot.

--

Best Regards,
Wing Hoe

ICQ no: 2213281

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Good database book?
I don't know of any specific book created recently, however a good author of DB
programming used to be a guy called 'Roger Jennings'.   see if he has any recent
books.      you are correct in your assumption of using ADO.   this is the
future.   however,  them more programming you do the more you will come in
contact with older db functions such as DAO, RDO and perhaps instances ODBC.
its good to know this stuff too if you ever need to make changes to existing
programs.   (the best book i ever purchased on access jet programming for vb was
called  'Jet database engine programmer's guide' by ms press - author dan haught
& jim ferguson.   not for the beginner, but a very good book - perhaps they have
something in ADO).

for purchasing books, look at amazon.com, even if you don't buy the book through
them, it is a good place to start looking for books on a particular topic.   you
also get the advantage of seeing what other's think of the book.

regards tj

Quote:

> Hello All,
> I've been doing some database programming with Visual Basic 5. I consider
> myself a sophmore now.

> I would like some recommendations on some good database programming book for
> Visual Basic 6.0. Erm..perhaps intermediate level and beyond.

> Another thing, from the few threads that I've followed..I believe, I should
> focus more in ADO area right? So..maybe those books targeted at ADO database
> programming will be good.

> Thanks alot.

> --

> Best Regards,
> Wing Hoe

> ICQ no: 2213281

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Good database book?
Talk about Jet and ODBC..which one is better?

--

Best Regards,
Wing Hoe

ICQ no: 2213281

> called  'Jet database engine programmer's guide' by ms press - author

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Good Database book

2. Best Database Book for VB?

3. Looking for a Good Database Book.

4. Please recomend a good database book

5. Good Database book, bad disk

6. The best Database book

7. good books about VB and database

8. Good VB database books on ADO - not many around :((((

9. Any good book for learnning VB Web database?

10. Searching best book about VB managing XBase databases

11. Help with good book for database programming with VB4

12. Need a good Visual Basic Database book