Packed Decimal Fields - Help
Author Message
 Packed Decimal Fields - Help

I am trying to read a fixed length string of data from a .Tab file
and two of the fields with the record are packed decimals.  When
I view the data using notepad I can see the ascii text but the
two fields that I need to interprete are packed decimals and unreadable.

I have tried opening the file as binary and every other way but I am
not sure how to read the field in.  Has anyone ever had to read
such a field and how did you go about doing it.  I am actually trying
to read this into a table in Oracle from Visual Basic

Any help would be appreciated

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Packed Decimal Fields - help

2. Problem Reading Pack-Decimal Fields

3. Help Please Packed Decimal conversion

4. Packed Decimal

5. Import Packed Decimal Files

6. Packed Decimal conversion

7. Packed Decimal