Prompting DSN and opening recordset in ADO (Oracle via ODBC)
Author Message
 Prompting DSN and opening recordset in ADO (Oracle via ODBC)

Hi

I am trying to connect to Oracle database using ADO. I need to make my
application to prompt user what DSN to use and I have done it like this:
    adoCN.Properties("Prompt") = adPromptAlways

Prompting and opening connection is okay, but problem is that when program
is opening a recordset, an error occurs:
    "The request properties can not be supported by this ODBC Driver"

Without the row above, program worked properly and I don't understand how
prompting changes that. I am using MSDAORA provider.

This is how I am opening a recordset:
    Set recset = New adodb.Recordset
    recset.Open sqlq, adoCN, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

  BR
  Jenny

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Export ADO recordset via ODBC (to ADO monsters)

2. Export ADO recordset via ODBC (to ADO monsters)

3. Opening Oracle 7.3 database via ODBC in VB4

4. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

5. Opening Oracle 7.3 database via ODBC (16bits) with VB4 16-bits development environnement

6. VB DSN prompt for ODBC

7. ODBC DSN logon prompt at runtime

8. Crazy Export ADO Recordset via ODBC

9. Export ADO recordset via ODBC Paradox ???

10. ADO 2.6 and Oracle 8.1.6 - column data missing when opening a recordset

11. ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset

12. How to open a recordset - ADO and dBase ODBC