Help Help Need to copy a field from one table into another table
Author Message
 Help Help Need to copy a field from one table into another table

I know I need to use insert into and select
statement but not sure what the syntax is. I am aware of
that is should look something like this

Set db = OpenDatabase("a:\My_Database.mdb")
db.Execute "INSERT INTO Into_Record.Field(8) SELECT
From_Record.Field(x) FROM From_Record.Filed(y)"

pleaase give me an example of the code

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:01:51 GMT
 Help Help Need to copy a field from one table into another table
Your code wouldn't work. The "insert into" is intend to add new records to
a table, not a column. Try the "ALTER TABLE" command":

CREATE TABLE doc_exa ( column_a INT)
ALTER TABLE doc_exa ADD column_b VARCHAR(20) NULL

Luke

rights.)

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 20:25:31 GMT

1. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

2. need help please:joined tables,add new entries based on one table columns

3. Fill field in one table from field in another table

4. HELP: Need help in creating a table from a table within Access

5. How to copying from one DB table to another DB table

6. help: vb 6.0 / ado code to copy a table from one mdb to another

7. Copying the structure of one Access table to a new Access table

8. Copy/Saving a recordset from one data table to another table

9. Copying fields from one table to another

10. Copy fields from record in table A to record in table B using VBA

11. help copying field from 1 table to another

12. Help with Listbox (Adding More Than One Field From A Access Table)