Richtext from database to mshflexgrid
Author Message
 Richtext from database to mshflexgrid

Hi,

How can I retrieve richtext from a database into an mshflexgrid? I can extract it from the RichTextBox control, store it into the database and retrieve it back into the RichTextBox control with all the formatting.

What I want to do is to use a grid to temporarily store some database fields for search purposes, which I can currently do. However, the grid displays the RTF formatting tags which is not what I want. Is there a nice way to convert the RTF text into raw text when it is retrieved from the database and then insert that text into the grid?

Does this mean I need to code some sort of RTF stripping routine? If so, is there already one available somewhere. Or, where can I find the kind info about RTF that I need to write this routine?

Regards,

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:51:06 GMT
 Richtext from database to mshflexgrid
Hi,

I am currently using another RichTextBox on the form, which is hidden. I
send the text to it, reformat it to raw text and then populate the grid.
Please let me know if there is a better way.

Regards,

How can I retrieve richtext from a database into an mshflexgrid? I can
extract it from the RichTextBox control, store it into the database and
retrieve it back into the RichTextBox control with all the formatting.

What I want to do is to use a grid to temporarily store some database fields
for search purposes, which I can currently do. However, the grid displays
the RTF formatting tags which is not what I want. Is there a nice way to
convert the RTF text into raw text when it is retrieved from the database
and then insert that text into the grid?

Does this mean I need to code some sort of RTF stripping routine? If so, is
there already one available somewhere. Or, where can I find the kind info
about RTF that I need to write this routine?

Regards,

Sun, 09 Jan 2005 05:56:09 GMT
 Richtext from database to mshflexgrid
A) no need to Reformat the text, just read the TEXT property and it
will strip out all the RTF codes.

B) Do you want to see the actual Rich Text - fully formatted in the
Grid.
If yes, then would you consider an alternative to the FlexGrid.
If yes then write to me directly and I'll send you information on
TList - TList can directly support RTF formatted text ( just like
RichTextbox ) within a grid, tree, or hierarchic Tree/grid

* * Please include a copy of this note with your reply

        Jeff Bennett

        Bennet-Tec Information Systems, Inc
        50 Jericho Tpk, Jericho, NY 11753
        Phone 516 997 5596,  Fax - 5597
        WWW.Bennet-Tec.Com

        ActiveX Controls : TList/Pro  * ALLText HT/Pro * MetaDraw
        and Custom Software Development Services

======================  ======================

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am currently using another RichTextBox on the form, which is hidden. I
> send the text to it, reformat it to raw text and then populate the grid.
> Please let me know if there is a better way.

> Regards,

> Hi,

> How can I retrieve richtext from a database into an mshflexgrid? I can
> extract it from the RichTextBox control, store it into the database and
> retrieve it back into the RichTextBox control with all the formatting.

> What I want to do is to use a grid to temporarily store some database fields
> for search purposes, which I can currently do. However, the grid displays
> the RTF formatting tags which is not what I want. Is there a nice way to
> convert the RTF text into raw text when it is retrieved from the database
> and then insert that text into the grid?

> Does this mean I need to code some sort of RTF stripping routine? If so, is
> there already one available somewhere. Or, where can I find the kind info
> about RTF that I need to write this routine?

> Regards,

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 05:12:45 GMT

1. richtext and richtext contol

2. RichText box connected to a database field?

3. RichText to Database

4. saving richtext in database

5. Richtext storage in Database

6. Richtext To Database Table

7. How Can I Update In MSHFlexGrid(With DataBase)?

8. Using the MSHFlexGrid to display pictures from an Access 2000 Database

9. MSHFlexGrid - Create bands without a bound database

10. Typing '*' character in Richtext control

11. Access97: RichText control

12. Using Richtext?