Adding a Save As...to a database app
Author Message
 Adding a Save As...to a database app

Hi all,
I need to implement a Save As function to an existing
app.  I'd like to be able to select Save As at any time
and save the current database to an alternate location and
have the user continue to work in the database.  The
problem I've found is that compactdatabase wants the
source database to be closed.  At any time, I have the
database open and several recordsets open.  If I close all
that to compact (rename) the database, is there any way to
get back to where I was (recordset wise) before I renamed
it?  PS, my code works fine if I close it, compact it and
have the user reopen it and start from the beginning.

Thanks
Steve

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:26:07 GMT

1. DataBase Add On, Waveform Plotting Add On for QuickBasic V4.5

2. Access 2000: Create and save add-in/mda and mde files

3. How to add a button for auto save

4. the add-ins slows down word saving process

5. After adding tasks outside of MS Project, saving in MS Project deletes them

6. Save as web page while creating an app in visual basic 6.0 for visio

7. Save as and close doc and app,

8. Counter - saving number after app closes.

9. Add Spell Check rules upon save or exit?

10. save an added template withot prompting the user

11. Add Functions to "Save"-Method

12. How to save word doc and not have it added to the Documents menu