Seek - Index. ADO 2.1
Author Message
 Seek - Index. ADO 2.1

Two new methods have been incorporated in ADO2.1. I am talking about seek
and index.
I have tried these methods with MSJET4.0 and MSDE (SQL Server 7 for Access).
The two data
providers returns me that these methods aren't supported. I have used all
kinds of recorsets in
any variants of them.
Anyone knows anything about this? What's happening? Microsoft does not
support his own methods?
What data provider should i use to manage this methods?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Seek - Index. ADO 2.1
I am new to VB (first week).. and using ObjGen1.1 (www.ewsystems.com) to
generate code for ADO embedded sql access to an ODBC connected Access .mdb
database.

I tried to use SEEK and NOMATCH today and got an error.  i DISCOVERED that the
code which ObjGen generated is a SNAPSHOT type, which is a static cursor, and
therefore... i quess, does not support the SEEK command  (being a newbe i could
be totally wrong here), but I realized that I could execute a REQUery AGAINST
the underlying table, and product different recordsets with the record or range
of records that I want, and that this served the same purpose as a SEEK.... so
I gave up for now trying SEEK and NOMATCH and i am playing with REQUERY .....
but i have emailed my questions to one more knowledgable that I.. and I await
their criticisms and advice...
hope this helps
email me ... sitaram at xxxaol.com (remove xxx)  if anyone has suggestions to
help me

thanks

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Seek - Index. ADO 2.1

>Two new methods have been incorporated in ADO2.1. I am talking about seek
>and index.
>I have tried these methods with MSJET4.0 and MSDE (SQL Server 7 for
Access).
>The two data
>providers returns me that these methods aren't supported. I have used all
>kinds of recorsets in
>any variants of them.
>Anyone knows anything about this? What's happening? Microsoft does not
>support his own methods?
>What data provider should i use to manage this methods?

>Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have you set the references to ADO 2.1. When I installed ADO 2.1 I had the
same problemen. Look your references are they still referencing to ADO
2.0...

Andr Obelink, VBG

Wed, 03 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Seek - Index. ADO 2.1
These are the references:

Reference=...#Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.1 for DDL and Security
Reference=...#Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects 2.1 Library
Reference=...#Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library
Reference=...#Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.1 Library

Quote:
> Hi,

> >Two new methods have been incorporated in ADO2.1. I am talking about seek
> >and index.
> >I have tried these methods with MSJET4.0 and MSDE (SQL Server 7 for
> Access).
> >The two data
> >providers returns me that these methods aren't supported. I have used all
> >kinds of recorsets in
> >any variants of them.
> >Anyone knows anything about this? What's happening? Microsoft does not
> >support his own methods?
> >What data provider should i use to manage this methods?

> >Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

> Have you set the references to ADO 2.1. When I installed ADO 2.1 I had the
> same problemen. Look your references are they still referencing to ADO
> 2.0...

> Andr Obelink, VBG

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Seek - Index. ADO 2.1

2. ADO 2.1 Jet SEEK Problem

3. ADO 2.1 Seek method

4. No SQL Svr 7 indexes from ADO 2.1?

5. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

6. Does ADO 2.5 or up backward compatible with ADO 2.1

7. ADO 2.5 and ADO 2.1 compatibility

8. Upgrading from ADO 2.1 to ADO 2.5

9. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

10. ADO Date Fields (ADO 2.1, VB 6, Oracle 8)

11. ADO Index property and Seek method

12. Index Property/SEEK method Problem with ADO