Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password
Author Message
 Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password

Hi,

I got a problem accessing two or more database which have two different
System Database(.MDA) files. the problem is i can't open both database
in a same workspace and update data concurrently to keep the data in
sync because each database has different .mda file. dbengine can handle
only one .mda file, i suppose

example:

there is two database viz., 'database1' and 'database2' with workgroup
file 'systemone.mda' and 'systemtwo.mda' file. i want to open both the
database in a single workspace for transaction purpose.

can any one help me on this problem. i hope the define the problem
understandably.

thanks

k.ramesh

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password

Quote:

>Hi,

>I got a problem accessing two or more database which have two different
>System Database(.MDA) files. the problem is i can't open both database
>in a same workspace and update data concurrently to keep the data in
>sync because each database has different .mda file. dbengine can handle
>only one .mda file, i suppose

>example:

>there is two database viz., 'database1' and 'database2' with workgroup
>file 'systemone.mda' and 'systemtwo.mda' file. i want to open both the
>database in a single workspace for transaction purpose.

>can any one help me on this problem. i hope the define the problem
>understandably.

You're correct that the DBEngine can only handle one workgroup database
at a time. Since a program can only have one DBEngine, you're stuck. The
only things I can think of is: 1) divide the code for accessing each
worgroup database into two EXE's that communicate via OLE; or 2) merge the
two workgroup databases into one new workgroup database. Assuming there
aren't any duplicate accounts this should work.

Jeff

>thanks

>k.ramesh

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password

If there is an identity that is common between the two mda files (i.e. user
name and Personal ID the same) you can open either database under either
mda file.  For example, I enter my name and PID identically in all of the
system databases for apps I have developed and can open any of them from
any system file.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I got a problem accessing two or more database which have two different
> System Database(.MDA) files. the problem is i can't open both database
> in a same workspace and update data concurrently to keep the data in
> sync because each database has different .mda file. dbengine can handle
> only one .mda file, i suppose

> example:

> there is two database viz., 'database1' and 'database2' with workgroup
> file 'systemone.mda' and 'systemtwo.mda' file. i want to open both the
> database in a single workspace for transaction purpose.

> can any one help me on this problem. i hope the define the problem
> understandably.

> thanks

> k.ramesh

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trying to bind data from two different tables to two different controls

2. Pressing a key produce two events in two different forms

3. Quering two tables in two different files

4. Problem to acceed two MDB database with different Password

5. Two workspaces with two mdbs open?

6. Two tables, two databases

7. Linking two Access tables in two databases

8. Linking two tables from two diferent databases.

9. Joining two tables from two databases

10. Two Identical Tables Open with totally different timing

11. DCOM WITH TWO DIFFERENT USERS

12. Two or more than two attachments