DHTML binding recordset to table in VB code
Author Message
 DHTML binding recordset to table in VB code

Ok

I have an html TABLE bound to a custom OLEDB DATASRC (it could just as
well be an ADO object) by an OBJECT embedded in the HTML. So it churns
out all the records based upon a single record template. Easy

I now want the TABLE to get its info from a completely new ADO
recordset but one that I have created within the DHTML vb dll (which is
driving the rest of the application). ie I have a recordset within the
dll that I want to bind to the HTML table.

How do you do this?

As I see it the datssrc property of the TABLE HAS to be #something and
the #something has to reference an imbedded object data source not an
underlying datasource within the dll.

how do i expose the ADO recordset i have in code to the HTML document?

Do I have to make the recordset an object which can be seen outside the
dll ( just like another custom DSO) and if so what clsid do I put in
the HTML page as the dll has not been compiled at that stage and
therefore the object clsid is not assigned?

Hope this makes sense.

Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Datagrid doesn't bind to ADO recordset in DHTML

2. how to fomat number in binding a table to data (DHTML Object Model )

3. DHTML data binding to a table

4. How do I bind columns from several tables to one bound control in VB 5.0

5. Identifying which cell your mouse is over in a table bound to a recordset

6. Bind a recordset to an HTML table

7. Binding a control to a recordset defined by code

8. Binding Label Object to RecordSet in code

9. Bind DataRepeater to recordset in code

10. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery

11. Finding a record in a Bound recordset (bound using the DataEnvironment)

12. Data designer bound controls seem to lose their binding to the recordset with Requery