Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228 
Author Message
 Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228

There seems to have been a lot of discussion about this - without any
resolution?

I'm using VB6 SP4 and recently switched from DAO 3.51 to 3.6.

After switching I now get...

Run-Time Error 3228 'Selected Collating Sequence Not Supported by
Operating System'

This happens on the first pass only on an OpenDatabase using ODBC to SQL
7.0.

If the programme's run again there's no error and everything functions
ok.

The stuff on this error on MSDN doesn't seem to apply to my problem.  

Has anyone resolved this yet?

Thanks

John Simpson



Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:30:40 GMT  
 Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
John,

This seems to be a problem with the drivers getting loaded the first time.  
After they are loaded once they will continue to work correctly until the
machine is reset.  The solution that I have seen is to add error handling
to trap the 3228 error.  If you get it, just try the process again and it
should work correctly.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

--------------------

| Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:30:40 +0100

| X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.18 i686)
| X-Accept-Language: en
| MIME-Version: 1.0
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database
| Subject: Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
| Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
| Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
| Lines: 23
| NNTP-Posting-Host: userat79.uk.uudial.com
| X-Trace: 1001777275 news.dial.pipex.com 232 62.188.137.182

| Path:
cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!tkmsftngp01!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.
sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.nikoma.de!tiscalinetde!f.de.uu.net!lnewspee
r01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!lnewsifeed01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!lnewspost00.lnd.ops.eu.
uu.net!emea.uu.net!not-for-mail
| Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com microsoft.public.vb.database:76059
| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vb.database
|
| There seems to have been a lot of discussion about this - without any
| resolution?
|
| I'm using VB6 SP4 and recently switched from DAO 3.51 to 3.6.
|
| After switching I now get...
|
| Run-Time Error 3228 'Selected Collating Sequence Not Supported by
| Operating System'
|
| This happens on the first pass only on an OpenDatabase using ODBC to SQL
| 7.0.
|
| If the programme's run again there's no error and everything functions
| ok.
|
| The stuff on this error on MSDN doesn't seem to apply to my problem.  
|
| Has anyone resolved this yet?
|
| Thanks
|
| John Simpson
|



Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:34:12 GMT  
 Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
Kevin

Thanks for this.

Is it safe to assume that this is a feature of 3.6, rather than something
I'm doing wrong?

John


Quote:
> John,

> This seems to be a problem with the drivers getting loaded the first time.
> After they are loaded once they will continue to work correctly until the
> machine is reset.  The solution that I have seen is to add error handling
> to trap the 3228 error.  If you get it, just try the process again and it
> should work correctly.

> Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

> --------------------

> | Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:30:40 +0100

> | X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.18 i686)
> | X-Accept-Language: en
> | MIME-Version: 1.0
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database
> | Subject: Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
> | Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> | Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> | Lines: 23
> | NNTP-Posting-Host: userat79.uk.uudial.com
> | X-Trace: 1001777275 news.dial.pipex.com 232 62.188.137.182

> | Path:

cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!tkmsftngp01!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.
sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.nikoma.de!tiscalinetde!f.de.uu.net!lnewspee
r01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!lnewsifeed01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!lnewspost00.lnd.ops.eu.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> uu.net!emea.uu.net!not-for-mail
> | Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com microsoft.public.vb.database:76059
> | X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vb.database
> |
> | There seems to have been a lot of discussion about this - without any
> | resolution?
> |
> | I'm using VB6 SP4 and recently switched from DAO 3.51 to 3.6.
> |
> | After switching I now get...
> |
> | Run-Time Error 3228 'Selected Collating Sequence Not Supported by
> | Operating System'
> |
> | This happens on the first pass only on an OpenDatabase using ODBC to SQL
> | 7.0.
> |
> | If the programme's run again there's no error and everything functions
> | ok.
> |
> | The stuff on this error on MSDN doesn't seem to apply to my problem.
> |
> | Has anyone resolved this yet?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | John Simpson
> |



Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:49:15 GMT  
 Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
John,

I didn't find anything that specifically said that this was introduced in
3.6 so I can't say for sure.  However I do know that this same problem has
happened before so I am pretty sure it is not just something you are doing
wrong.

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

--------------------

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database


| Subject: Re: Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
| Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 07:49:15 +0100
| X-Priority: 3
| X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
| X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200
| X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4522.1200
| Lines: 78

| NNTP-Posting-Host: userag63.uk.uudial.com
| X-Trace: 1002178325 news.dial.pipex.com 230 62.188.132.149

| Path:
cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!news-out.cwix.com!newsfeed.cwix.com!news.maxwell.s
yr.edu!bnewspeer01.bru.ops.eu.uu.net!bnewsifeed03.bru.ops.eu.uu.net!bnewspos
t00.bru.ops.eu.uu.net!emea.uu.net!not-for-mail
| Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com microsoft.public.vb.database:76157
| X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vb.database
|
| Kevin
|
| Thanks for this.
|
| Is it safe to assume that this is a feature of 3.6, rather than something
| I'm doing wrong?
|
| John
|


| > John,
| >
| > This seems to be a problem with the drivers getting loaded the first
time.
| > After they are loaded once they will continue to work correctly until
the
| > machine is reset.  The solution that I have seen is to add error
handling
| > to trap the 3228 error.  If you get it, just try the process again and
it
| > should work correctly.
| >
| > Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Support
| > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| > You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights
| > reserved.
| >
| > --------------------

| > | Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:30:40 +0100

| > | X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.18 i686)
| > | X-Accept-Language: en
| > | MIME-Version: 1.0
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database
| > | Subject: Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
| > | Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
| > | Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
| > | Lines: 23
| > | NNTP-Posting-Host: userat79.uk.uudial.com
| > | X-Trace: 1001777275 news.dial.pipex.com 232 62.188.137.182

| > | Path:
| >
|
cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!tkmsftngp01!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!newsfeed01.
| >
|
sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!news.nikoma.de!tiscalinetde!f.de.uu.net!lnewspee
| >
|
r01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!lnewsifeed01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!lnewspost00.lnd.ops.eu.
| > uu.net!emea.uu.net!not-for-mail
| > | Xref: cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com microsoft.public.vb.database:76059
| > | X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.vb.database
| > |
| > | There seems to have been a lot of discussion about this - without any
| > | resolution?
| > |
| > | I'm using VB6 SP4 and recently switched from DAO 3.51 to 3.6.
| > |
| > | After switching I now get...
| > |
| > | Run-Time Error 3228 'Selected Collating Sequence Not Supported by
| > | Operating System'
| > |
| > | This happens on the first pass only on an OpenDatabase using ODBC to
SQL
| > | 7.0.
| > |
| > | If the programme's run again there's no error and everything functions
| > | ok.
| > |
| > | The stuff on this error on MSDN doesn't seem to apply to my problem.
| > |
| > | Has anyone resolved this yet?
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > | John Simpson
| > |
| >
|
|
|



Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:28:03 GMT  
 Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
Kevin

Thanks again.

I feel better now

John

Quote:

> John,

> I didn't find anything that specifically said that this was introduced in
> 3.6 so I can't say for sure.  However I do know that this same problem has
> happened before so I am pretty sure it is not just something you are doing
> wrong.



Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:30:28 GMT  
 Selected Collating Sequence... Error 3228
Kevin

This makes me feel better.

Thanks

John

Quote:

> John,

> I didn't find anything that specifically said that this was introduced in
> 3.6 so I can't say for sure.  However I do know that this same problem has
> happened before so I am pretty sure it is not just something you are doing
> wrong.



Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:31:50 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Runtime error '3228': Selected collating sequence not supported by the operating system

2. Selected collating sequence error

3. collating sequence error

4. Error 3228 - with Outlook

5. HELP ERROR 3228

6. Can anyone please help with VB error 3228?

7. Error 3228 need help

8. Error 3228 need help

9. Run-time error 3228

10. Database or Language Error ? (3228, Paradox ISAM)

11. Error 3228 need help

12. Problem with collating sequence

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software