how to store the results of ping into sql server
Author Message
 how to store the results of ping into sql server

I need a program monitor the network status--ping a server every a hour

how do I reference the NT command line in SQL server and store the result
and time of ping into a SQL database

--
-----------------------------

Homepage: http://www.*-*-*.com/
ICQ UIN:  27294724

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to store the results of ping into sql server
Use vb with a ping - activex ...

Michael

Quote:

> I need a program monitor the network status--ping a server every a hour

> how do I reference the NT command line in SQL server and store the result
> and time of ping into a SQL database

> --
> -----------------------------

> Homepage: http://chedong.163.net
> ICQ UIN:  27294724

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to store the results of ping into sql server
create table #mytable(output varchar(255))

insert #mytable
exec master..xp_cmdshell 'ping myremoteserver'

insert yourlogtable
select output from #mytable
where DATALENGTH(output)>1
and output not like 'pinging%'

Alexander Tarasul
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer(SQL Server,VB)
Certified Borland Delphi Client Server Developer

http://pages.ripco.com/~shleym
SQL Answers located at
http://pages.ripco.com/~shleym/sql_answers.htm

---------------

Quote:

>I need a program monitor the network status--ping a server every a hour

>how do I reference the NT command line in SQL server and store the result
>and time of ping into a SQL database

>--
>-----------------------------

>Homepage: http://chedong.163.net
>ICQ UIN:  27294724

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to store the results of ping into sql server
Che,

Quote:
> Subject: how to store the results of ping into sql server

 insert into (table) exec xp_cmdshell "ping x.x.x.x"

 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see
 http://go.compuserve.com/sqlserver (library 1) - latest stuff is always here
 www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting SQL SERVER Stored Procedure results from Visual Basic

2. Help Retrieve Result From Store Procedure (SQL Server 2000)

3. Store asp result on server

4. Store an SQL result to a variable??

5. Sql Stored Procedutre return results

6. How To Store SQL result to an array

7. Incomplete Results from SQL Stored Procedure

8. ADO doesn't receive result of SQL query from a stored procedure

9. Get Dynamic SQL results from stored procedure

10. doing updating from grid to sql server with stored procedure sql 2000

11. Ping to SQL Server

12. Getting Text results vice Recordset from SQL Server