Newbie Needs Advice
Author Message
 Newbie Needs Advice

Hello All,

        I am trying to write a database (using access 97) for my book
collection and would like to write the user interface using VB5.  I am
new to both packages (this is just a petproject.)  What I would like to
know is this: can I place the actual database on a network server and
then access it from two different computers using the VB5 interface?  I
want my girlfriend and myself to acces our book collection from our
respective computers with any changes made by either of us affecting the
master file.  I just don't want to waste my time if this is not possible.
Thank you for any help.

Michael Aldin

Fri, 29 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie Needs Advice
Yes, this is possible. You need to use DAO or preferably RDO (if you have
the enterprise edition). Email me if you require more info but start by
reading the help files on DAO.

Kind Regards Mike Davies

Quote:
>Hello All,

> I am trying to write a database (using access 97) for my book
>collection and would like to write the user interface using VB5.  I am
>new to both packages (this is just a petproject.)  What I would like to
>know is this: can I place the actual database on a network server and
>then access it from two different computers using the VB5 interface?  I
>want my girlfriend and myself to acces our book collection from our
>respective computers with any changes made by either of us affecting the
>master file.  I just don't want to waste my time if this is not possible.
>Thank you for any help.

>Michael Aldin

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Needs Advice For Purchase

2. Newbie needs advice on project

3. Newbie needs advice

4. Newbie needs advice on scope

5. Newbie needs advice

6. COM+ newbie needing advice on an n-client <-> 1 remote server design

7. COM+ newbie needing advice on an n-client <-> 1 remote server design

8. Need newbie advice please

9. Client / Server newbie needs some advice

10. Newbie Needs Your Advice

11. Newbie: need some advice

12. need advice on making modem throughput meter (newbie)