Hi everyone!

Can someone help me?  I am trying to load a picture (jpg) into an image
control on a form for viewing and then save it to binary field of my
database file via code using a recordset.  The next time I access the record
I want to load it into the image control from the binary field of the
database file.  I know that you have to use the appendchunk and getchunk
functions but I'm lost on the syntax to save and retrieve the image form the
binary field.  Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
Take a look at this detailed example using both the AppendChunk and GetChunk
methods.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/dasdk/mdae3fi0.htm

The example has all you are asking for. It uses a table from an sql database
server. Modify the connection string to connect to an Access database, if
that is what you are working on.

--
Edward Chung, MCSD, MCDBA
Verity Canada Ltd., www.verity.com

Quote:
> Hi everyone!

> Can someone help me?  I am trying to load a picture (jpg) into an image
> control on a form for viewing and then save it to binary field of my
> database file via code using a recordset.  The next time I access the
record
> I want to load it into the image control from the binary field of the
> database file.  I know that you have to use the appendchunk and getchunk
> functions but I'm lost on the syntax to save and retrieve the image form
the
> binary field.  Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
Edward,

Thank you for your help!!

Quote:
> Take a look at this detailed example using both the AppendChunk and
GetChunk
> methods.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/dasdk/mdae3fi0.htm

> The example has all you are asking for. It uses a table from an sql
database
> server. Modify the connection string to connect to an Access database, if
> that is what you are working on.

> --
> Edward Chung, MCSD, MCDBA
> Verity Canada Ltd., www.verity.com
> Powering Busisness Portals

> > Hi everyone!

> > Can someone help me?  I am trying to load a picture (jpg) into an image
> > control on a form for viewing and then save it to binary field of my
> > database file via code using a recordset.  The next time I access the
> record
> > I want to load it into the image control from the binary field of the
> > database file.  I know that you have to use the appendchunk and getchunk
> > functions but I'm lost on the syntax to save and retrieve the image form
> the
> > binary field.  Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How save JPG file in SQL Server image or binary field

2. Saving a binary file to a database field

3. Help,loading binary database file when loading program

4. Please help(loading binary database file when loading program

5. Saving OLE object from VB to Access Database binary field

6. Retreiving andd saving binary data

7. How to save and load images to/from Access Database

8. Saving Binary files on the Client to the Image data type in SQL Server

9. help:How to Load/Save image or voice for ACCESS DATABASE in Visual Basic

10. Saving A Binary File Into an OLE Object Field

11. Saving DB binary field data into file

12. Saving A Binary File Into An OLE Object Field