Case Sensitivity - Oracle 7/ODBC Sql calls
Author Message
 Case Sensitivity - Oracle 7/ODBC Sql calls

Is there a way to execute an sql script against a table which is NOT case
sensitive?  For example, in my table's a name might be stored as John.
How can I execute a script looking for a matching column without being
exactly case correct; i.e. SELECT * from {table} where NAME = 'john';
(instead of: ... where NAME = 'John';)

You're help is most appreciated.  If possible, please respond via e-mail.

--
Robert H. Lieberman

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Case Sensitivity - Oracle 7/ODBC Sql calls

Try:  SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE UPPER(NAME) = UPPER('John');

Quote:

>Is there a way to execute an sql script against a table which is NOT case
>sensitive?  For example, in my table's a name might be stored as John.
>How can I execute a script looking for a matching column without being
>exactly case correct; i.e. SELECT * from {table} where NAME = 'john';
>(instead of: ... where NAME = 'John';)

>You're help is most appreciated.  If possible, please respond via e-mail.

>--
>Robert H. Lieberman

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Case Sensitivity - Oracle 7/ODBC Sql calls

Quote:

> Is there a way to execute an sql script against a table which is NOT case
> sensitive?  For example, in my table's a name might be stored as John.
> How can I execute a script looking for a matching column without being
> exactly case correct; i.e. SELECT * from {table} where NAME = 'john';
> (instead of: ... where NAME = 'John';)

> You're help is most appreciated.  If possible, please respond via e-mail.

> --
> Robert H. Lieberman

SELECT * from {table} where UPPER(NAME) = 'JOHN'

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL / Case-sensitivity

2. SQL Server and Case Sensitivity

3. SQL / Case-sensitivity

4. Calling stored PL/SQL package in Oracle DB using ODBC

5. Case Sensitivity

6. case sensitivity with seek method

7. Access Case Sensitivity!

8. simple question for newbie re: case sensitivity

9. Case Sensitivity in VB.Net

10. FileSystemEventArgs Case Sensitivity

11. Qbasic case sensitivity

12. Where and case sensitivity