beginner/need MS Data Bound Grid Control 5.0
Author Message
 beginner/need MS Data Bound Grid Control 5.0

Hello I am reading a beginners book on VB. The chapter that I have started
discusses Data Bases. The book has you add a standard data control (default
on the toolbar) and  a active x control called "MS data bound grid control
5.0".  I don't see this listed when I click projects>Components. The only
thing I see that's close is MS data bound list 6.0.

The book also says and I quote "This example cannot be completed with VB6
working model software"

Well the book title is "Programming in Visual Basic 6.0". This chapter
covers about 40 pages and  I hate to skip this section. Why wouldn't this
work?

Can I add this control to VB6 and if so how do I do this  and where do I get
this control?
BTW I checked the insertable objects tab in the component windows and didn't
see this control.
Please keep it simple
Thanks.

Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:43:53 GMT
 beginner/need MS Data Bound Grid Control 5.0
Tom,

That control should be installed on your system as either the Microsoft Data
Bound Grid control OR the Microsoft DataGrid control.  This is in the full
version of VB6.   Are you using the full version or the learning addition?

If you are using the full version and still do not see the grid listed in
the selection dialog, you may need to re-run the installer for VB and have
it 'repair' or 're-install' VB because it is part of the intrinsic package
installed with VB6.
--
Sincerely,

Todd B - CEO - Agendum Software

(608) 837-6736                                 (419) 821-9599

Quote:
> Hello I am reading a beginners book on VB. The chapter that I have started
> discusses Data Bases. The book has you add a standard data control
(default
> on the toolbar) and  a active x control called "MS data bound grid control
> 5.0".  I don't see this listed when I click projects>Components. The only
> thing I see that's close is MS data bound list 6.0.

> The book also says and I quote "This example cannot be completed with VB6
> working model software"

> Well the book title is "Programming in Visual Basic 6.0". This chapter
> covers about 40 pages and  I hate to skip this section. Why wouldn't this
> work?

> Can I add this control to VB6 and if so how do I do this  and where do I
get
> this control?
> BTW I checked the insertable objects tab in the component windows and
didn't
> see this control.
> Please keep it simple
> Thanks.

Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:43:18 GMT

1. Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control 5.0 (SP3)

2. DBGRID32.OCX - Data Bound Grid Control 5.0

3. DBGRID32.OCX - Data Bound Grid Control 5.0

4. Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control 5.0 (SP3)

5. Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control 5.0

6. binding a data bound grid control programmatically

7. VB 5.0 Data Bound Controls and VFP 5.0 Databases

8. Data bound grid 5.0 (SP3)

9. Data Bound Combo Box within a Data Bound Grid

10. VB5/RDO/MS Data Bound Grid Problem

11. First Cell Empty in Data Grid bound to ADO Data Control

12. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data