Can Oracle Stored Procedure Return Multiple Rows?
Author Message
 Can Oracle Stored Procedure Return Multiple Rows?

I am converting a SQL Server app over to Oracle per client request.  In SQL
server it is pretty easy to grab all rows in a stored procedure.  Oracle is
giving me fits.

ex. In SQL Server:
CREATE PROCEDURE sp_CIS_NodeUsageCode_getAll AS
SELECT NodeUsageCode, Dsc FROM NodeUsageCode ORDER BY Dsc

How do I do the same thing in Oracle?  Nothing I have read has given me any
example of returning multiple rows in Oracle!

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can Oracle Stored Procedure Return Multiple Rows?
Daniel,

You need to create Packages which define each column you want to return
as a TABLE type. MSKB has some excellent articles on how to do this
with sample code also ...

-Jay

    I am converting a SQL Server app over to Oracle per client request.  In
SQL
    server it is pretty easy to grab all rows in a stored procedure.  Oracle
is
    giving me fits.

    ex. In SQL Server:
    CREATE PROCEDURE sp_CIS_NodeUsageCode_getAll AS
    SELECT NodeUsageCode, Dsc FROM NodeUsageCode ORDER BY Dsc

    How do I do the same thing in Oracle?  Nothing I have read has given me
any
    example of returning multiple rows in Oracle!

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multiple REFCURSOR returned from Oracle Stored Procedure.

2. Oracle Stored Procedure returning multiple recordsets.

3. Returning mutliple rows from Stored Procedure ?

4. SQL Server 2000 stored procedure not returning rows

5. SQL Server 2000 stored procedure not returning rows

6. Problem geting returned rows from Stored Procedure

7. Return recordset from Oracle Stored Procedure to VB.

8. Returning resultsets from Oracle stored procedures via ADO?

9. RETURNING RESULTS FROM ORACLE STORED PROCEDURES WITH MSODBC DRIVER

10. Return value from Oracle stored procedure with VB5?

11. retrieving return value from oracle stored procedure

12. Returning Recordset With Oracle Stored Procedure?