TreeView data object
Author Message
 TreeView data object

I have an application using the explorer view, but the tree view portion
is getting its information from a database.  This is proving to be
tricky and very time consuming.  Does anyone know of a data-aware tree
view to make my job easier, or any pointers on how to do this?  imagine
the tree to be something like this:

\School Name            ' Names of schools in district

  +--Grade              ' Grades K - 12

        +--Class        ' Class 1 - (up to) 4

The ListView will show the students in each class.

Thanks for any helpful information.

Dennis.

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 TreeView data object
Maybe this is something you've already been trying (hence why it's been time
consuming for you), but I thought I'd mention how I have just solved a
similar problem.  I built a recursive function that read through the
database and hunted down all those pesky relationships that the treeview
should show.  I actually accomplished this in DBase (my language at work),
but the recursion solution is actually easier to implement in VB, I think.

If you need more detail than this very general tip, just ask.

fungi

Quote:
> I have an application using the explorer view, but the tree view portion
> is getting its information from a database.  This is proving to be
> tricky and very time consuming.  Does anyone know of a data-aware tree
> view to make my job easier, or any pointers on how to do this?  imagine
> the tree to be something like this:

> \School Name ' Names of schools in district
>   +--Grade ' Grades K - 12
> |
> +--Class ' Class 1 - (up to) 4

> The ListView will show the students in each class.

> Thanks for any helpful information.

> Dennis.

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TreeView data object

2. TreeView data object

3. Associating an object with a TreeView Node object

4. Passing data arrays from object to object

5. Maintaining variable data and objects in a MTS object

6. Data control <-> Data objects

7. data binding objects/ data classes etc

8. how to put data in to data shape child object

9. HELP: Printing with Crystal Data Object/Active Data

10. Data Types using the Data Object

11. ADO data control 6.0 and ADO data object 2.1 conflict

12. data control vs. data object